The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Blue Cardinal yep they come in blue....
stellers-jay.jpg
oh wow, thats beautiful

DS got his photos transferred to my computer, feel free to skip if you're tired of them :cool:

Small waterfalls running down the slope by the road
View attachment 1539263

In the Hayden Valley (taken with a zoom lens from a safe distance)
View attachment 1539267

These guys crossed the road in front of us on the drive between Cody & Yellowstone
View attachment 1539269

Don't know what type of bird this is, we saw him by the YS rapids
View attachment 1539271

Sylvan Lake, we passed it coming & going every trip...beautiful spot for a picnic
View attachment 1539274

This gal was having lunch, trying to ignore the pesky people taking her photo
View attachment 1539280

Grizzly bear by Sedge Bay trailhead (taken from way far away!)
View attachment 1539285
:love would love to see all of these in the wild but will never get to

Morning Debby and sharron and everyone else :frow

Hi deb glad to see you....

Had one tried to perch on my shoulder yesterday.. Kind of freaked me out a bit..

I've got two feeders and one couple have decided the one by the deck door is all theirs... The girl will perch on the bracket I hang it from and run anyone off that comes near the feeder or the flowers by the deck. These are the same two birds that will hover about 5" from my face and chatter at me. Not sure what they're saying but suspect they like the feeder. If it goes empty, they have a totally different tone to their chatter...
We had a hummer come and hover just in front of the porch doors, looking in. Maybe it saw its reflection?

DS got his photos transferred to my computer, feel free to skip if you're tired of them :cool:

Small waterfalls running down the slope by the road
View attachment 1539263

In the Hayden Valley (taken with a zoom lens from a safe distance)
View attachment 1539267

These guys crossed the road in front of us on the drive between Cody & Yellowstone
View attachment 1539269

Don't know what type of bird this is, we saw him by the YS rapids
View attachment 1539271

Sylvan Lake, we passed it coming & going every trip...beautiful spot for a picnic
View attachment 1539274

This gal was having lunch, trying to ignore the pesky people taking her photo
View attachment 1539280

Grizzly bear by Sedge Bay trailhead (taken from way far away!)
View attachment 1539285
Those big birds are turkeys.

Ken is thriving in his new role! I, on the other hand, feel a bit overwhelmed and out of my league. I do great in Wyoming - I know everyone because going through the Grand Line takes 8 years. So friends were ahead of and friends were behind us. And he’s also Grand Secretary for Chapter and Grand Recorder for Council, two of the 3 York Rite bodies. But here at this Grand Lodge I don’t know the routine or the people. It’s a bit awkward. So far this event has been much stuffier than it all is in Wyoming. I don’t do stuffy well. Right now I’m on a break between a Public Grand Opening and the Ladies’ luncheon and tour. Can you see me touring a monastery?

Kids are in Denver for Spina Bifida clinic and they took Katie with them since I’m in Idaho. Yesterday Kendra had a minor procedure to replace the TicTac on her MACE. Apparently it all went easy, because later that same afternoon Jenny sent me a video of the girls in the cafeteria eating pizza. Man, that little girl is tough.

I’m being summoned. I’m reading, and can only post occasionally. Love you all!

Ken is thriving in his new role! I, on the other hand, feel a bit overwhelmed and out of my league. I do great in Wyoming - I know everyone because going through the Grand Line takes 8 years. So friends were ahead of and friends were behind us. And he’s also Grand Secretary for Chapter and Grand Recorder for Council, two of the 3 York Rite bodies. But here at this Grand Lodge I don’t know the routine or the people. It’s a bit awkward. So far this event has been much stuffier than it all is in Wyoming. I don’t do stuffy well. Right now I’m on a break between a Public Grand Opening and the Ladies’ luncheon and tour. Can you see me touring a monastery?

Kids are in Denver for Spina Bifida clinic and they took Katie with them since I’m in Idaho. Yesterday Kendra had a minor procedure to replace the TicTac on her MACE. Apparently it all went easy, because later that same afternoon Jenny sent me a video of the girls in the cafeteria eating pizza. Man, that little girl is tough.

I’m being summoned. I’m reading, and can only post occasionally. Love you all!

Miss you B, glad you had a chance to pop in! I could be just guessing, but probably most places are stuffier than WY? We do casual very well here!

P.S. And no insult intended, but it is hard to picture you in a monastery.

P.P.S. Go Kendra, she's a tough cookie!

Back
Top Bottom