The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Nothing fun or interesting, sadly. Just a slightly embarrassing experience at the bank earlier. Went to open a savings account and the second question he asks, after asking for my ID so really the first question, is my social. I'm like uhh I know the end. Yeah, apparently they need the whole thing. Which I figured they needed that, it's kind of uber important and proves I am who I am, but I couldn't find my SS card and was told I didn't need it so I went without it. Yeah, you DO need it. I knew that but couldn't find it but did have passport, birth certificate, etc., none of which I needed. But thankfully I came back home and my mom managed to find a piece of paper that the number was written down on. Probably should have found that first but oh well. Got the number and came back and he opened one. I should probably get a new SS card though or really look for the other one. It was in a specific spot for years and I think I moved it months ago :barnie

I suppose the better thing to do though would be to memorize it?? I have the last 4 digits memorized

Although I suppose the other :barnie which I just learned about is brother and FSIL are getting another puppy.

Memorizing would be good but so would be getting a replacement card. Have you filed income taxes? You need your SSN for that so any prior year tax forms would have it. That is where I look when I am doing something and need DW's SSN. I only remember that it starts 009.

I know mine and both my sisters because way back when people didn't apply for them at birth or soon after. Ours are sequential, only the last digit is different. Since I'm the middle kid, mine is in the middle.

Memorizing would be good but so would be getting a replacement card. Have you filed income taxes? You need your SSN for that so any prior year tax forms would have it. That is where I look when I am doing something and need DW's SSN. I only remember that it starts 009.

I know mine and both my sisters because way back when people didn't apply for them at birth or soon after. Ours are sequential, only the last digit is different. Since I'm the middle kid, mine is in the middle.

I haven't yet because I've never had a job but I guess now maybe I am going to have to since I've been walking the dog.

You only have to file if you make a certain amount of money.

I really don't know WHY I know my SSN, I've just known it for WAY longer than you have been alive. Could be that before all the issues with identity theft, your SSN was used for a ton of stuff so maybe you just used it enough to memorize it. I'd bet that neither of my girls (23 and 25) could give their SSN.

Although I suppose the other :barnie which I just learned about is brother and FSIL are getting another puppy.

Having a puppy made me seriously consider only adopting older dogs from that day forth! I didn't think I'd ever even want another dog, let alone a puppy. Libby must be a really good pup! And I'm sure all the training you've done with her has helped a lot too.

I was thinking about getting a whippet for rodent control but then I read that they are known as 'velcro dogs' because they like to follow you EVERYWHERE (including the bathroom). I'm the kind of person that needs my space (seriously) so now I'm thinking about an Australian terrier as they are the softest breed of terrier, great with kids and the elderly, and they were developed to assist sheep farmers in Australia and they'll even take on snakes (not that they'd need to here). That's if we can afford one as the only breeders are down in Christchurch. I'm picking a puppy won't be cheap, then we'll have to fly it up.

The guy that came this morning to do a final inspection on our place so we can finally get a 'code of compliance' (once all the paperwork is done) couldn't believe our dog was 6 years old because she still acts like a puppy. He was thinking she was 1 or 2 years old. He was such a tall guy - he had to duck to go through doorways. My hubby isn't a small guy but he looked tiny compared to this guy.

Sometimes it takes me a while
OMG I thought it was pumpkin..... I eat all the oranges.... Dad was an orange freak... he take three or four cut em up in quarters and eat them while watching a movie on TV...

Love it that way myself.... Oh Yummm

Or fresh juice with either Champaign or Vodka.... Though I prefer Grapfruit for that concoction.... ahem....

The omelette sounds good Deb.

But we're doing spaghetti tonight. I don't have any ground beef so I'm going to try it with chorizo and see what happens :cool:

eta: Well DUH! I couldn't figure out why you were talking about bacon & eggs...until I looked at my avatar:lau
Also Try some Chorizo in Chili.... dont even have to use the meat kind.... The kind made for Vegitarians is yummy combined with beef for the chili....

deb

Back
Top Bottom