The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

No I haven't but I think I might also just be really stressed from other stuff maybe too. And hungry. Plus tired from walking so far. And would thyroid show up in normal bloodwork?

And yeah I know but this one was truly AWESOME. Three dogs jumping off a ledge simultaneously. Franklin was still standing there aha but the synchronized jump was truly awesome. :hit And the program couldn't finish downloading on my laptop for some reason, some error, so I guess I can't even try that option which may have worked better than phone apps and didn't require rooting.
My youngest DD just found the she had low functioning thyroid. She is 19 but I have a lot of relatives with it too

Go get a Physical please

My youngest DD just found the she had low functioning thyroid. She is 19 but I have a lot of relatives with it too

Go get a Physical please

Well I just had one not that long ago. I'd have to look exactly when but it was earlier this year. I get one every year and bloodwork.

I remember my doctor used to order thyroid test for T 3/T4/ & think T7 and TSH.. I always came out within normal perimeters. But, I think that doesn't apply to everyone.
Maybe normal for one person would be too high or low for another.

My sister had overactive thyroid and because she didn't want surgery - they knocked out the gland with radiation. Then she had to be on thyroid med. to raise it to normal(?) thyroid levels - which took a lot of time & trial by error to achieve that.

I remember my doctor used to order thyroid test for T 3/T4/ & think T7 and TSH.. I always came out within normal perimeters. But, I think that doesn't apply to everyone.
Maybe normal for one person would be too high or low for another.

My sister had overactive thyroid and because she didn't want surgery - they knocked out the gland with radiation. Then she had to be on thyroid med. to raise it to normal(?) thyroid levels - which took a lot of time & trial by error to achieve that.

I agree. I think the whole "normal" thing is stupid. Doesn't apply to everybody.

And wow that sounds like a real pain

Well I just had one not that long ago. I'd have to look exactly when but it was earlier this year. I get one every year and bloodwork.
That is good!

Do you have access to the results?

The number is supposed to be below 4.

upload_2018-11-9_14-53-52.png

Got down to -19c here last night. It's warmed up to -14c now.
View attachment 1585401

Brrrr.

A pig in a raincoat would be so cute!

We had a bit of excitement in our neighbourhood last night. There was an almighty BOOM and the whole house shook. 4 houses up there was masses of smoke coming out of their backyard and then some flames. Our immediate neighbour, who is into cars, said it felt/sounded like an asthetalline tank has exploded. The volunteer fire fighters were there pretty quick to put it out. We were most concerned because along the back of all the houses there are massive eucalyptus trees (it's a miracle one hasn't fallen over) so if the fire reached them they'd go up with a roar. So much for the kids going to bed at a decent hour!

I'd love to know what happened... The explosives guy in me is sooo curious :caf

:lau It's ok. So, it must be newer. I know I'm getting old, so that means forgetful too and may mean I miss seeing things. :lol:

I'm right there with you... I miss things or change all the time.:old

Here in California, the Camp fire has pretty much taken out the city of Paradise.

30,000 residents have been evacuated. The fire was burning at 2000 acres per hour.

We had ash from the fire here in Woodland this morning

So scary. I've always been a responsible camper for fear that my fire could start something else....

We got a tiny bit of freezing rain here last night. The house moving truck spun out on the way here, so they turned around and headed back to their shop. No idea when it's going to be set now, as things are about to warm up and it will be a mucky mess here. :hit

:hugs Arg :he

Yup, that's around here! Well, not really near me but MA so I hear about it. I think a lot of them are still without power but I'm not sure. I know a couple months ago the National Guard was going around handing out hot plates and space heaters.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bo...n-company-involved-in-fatal-gas-explosion/amp

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merrimack_Valley_gas_explosions

A Long long time ago, that was my neighborhood. I remember being in an evacuation center and red cross was handing out free food. Salvation army moved in and got the red cross kicked out and then started charging for food. Fortunately we were able to go to a hotel and get away from that mess. When I was a teen I was hired by the Salvation Army to play music at their key locations. They paid me out of the bucket and if we didn't get enough, we didn't get paid. Needless to say I'm a red cross fan and I truly wish no one would donate to the salvation army.

Good morning, still here, gotta run a dog to the vet for blood work. Catching up was easy. :)

Must have been easier for you, they swamped me today...:th

That is good!

Do you have access to the results?

The number is supposed to be below 4.

View attachment 1585776

I think I still have the letter with the results somewhere. I'll see if I can find it.

Brrrr.

I'd love to know what happened... The explosives guy in me is sooo curious :caf

I'm right there with you... I miss things or change all the time.:old

So scary. I've always been a responsible camper for fear that my fire could start something else....

:hugs Arg :he

A Long long time ago, that was my neighborhood. I remember being in an evacuation center and red cross was handing out free food. Salvation army moved in and got the red cross kicked out and then started charging for food. Fortunately we were able to go to a hotel and get away from that mess. When I was a teen I was hired by the Salvation Army to play music at their key locations. They paid me out of the bucket and if we didn't get enough, we didn't get paid. Needless to say I'm a red cross fan and I truly wish no one would donate to the salvation army.

Must have been easier for you, they swamped me today...:th

Wow that is awful!! OMG

Back
Top Bottom