The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

There's no problem that chislic and a cold one won't fix. At least, that's what I've heard from a reliable source.

Some day I hope to find a basket of that chislic to try out.
droolin.gif

Chislic and a cold one.....oh, yeah. The kids are staying over in Denver one more day, so I'm very happy that they won't be trying to get home tomorrow. One thing off my mind, anyway!

I'm glad to hear they're staying one more day. The roads should be better tomorrow and you won't be up all night biting your nails.

Wow I missed a tasty day!

I'll have some Tostitos and salsa!
smile.png

Then chocolate....

What an excellent dinner menu! Set a place at the table for me WV!
big_smile.png

After a night and half a day alternating between crying and being so mad I wanted to hit someone until they felt as bad as I do, guess where I ended up? Right where I was yesterday morning - looking forward to her being home - getting into the cabinets, calling me a "bowl" (don't ask) and giggling at things I see every day and barely notice anymore. Yep...exactly nowhere different. And that's a mighty doggone good feeling, let me tell you!!

We did get some good news in today's summarizing appointment. First, they were stunned at the difference in the spinal x-rays from 8 months ago to now. Because she's walking more, bearing weight, and staying more upright for most of the time, her scoliosis is correcting itself. In fact, they said that the curve was now so negligible they can't really even call it scoliosis anymore, although they will continue to monitor it closely.

They also were happy with the fact that her hips are beginning to stabilize and that the twisting in her shin bones is beginning to straighten. Her shins have been so torqued since she was born that this was really good news! They are far from normal, but they are better than they've ever been, and we'll take that! Again, it's all the weight bearing she does now that is making the difference.

Her kidneys, bladder, ureters, bowels and colon are still sound and healthy, so they have given the go-ahead for her MACE procedure. They are looking to schedule it for either late June or mid-July, and will be finalizing the dates and times as soon as we can coordinate our timing with theirs. Since Jenny and I will have to stay in Denver for about 3 weeks after the surgery, we have a lot to juggle

I have a couple of other places to post this, too, so forgive me for copy and pasting to other threads. Not something I normally do, but this little doll has so many people pulling for her that I don't want to leave anyone out who may be wondering. And thanks for everything. I'm sorry I got so down - I'm usually the most upbeat person but this just knocked the wind right out of me - out of all of us, for that matter.

Blooie, we don't expect anyone (even YOU) to be upbeat & happy 100% of the time. You are allowed to be down at least 1% of the time and we will still hold you in highest regard.

I am so happy about the improvements Kendra has had - I know it's been a struggle but, it's paying off.
wee.gif
You are certainly right that she has quite a fan club.

Love to both of you
love.gif
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom