The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

:old Good morning, everyone! I know it’s not the chipper happy wave dude but this one reflects more of how I feel today. Sound asleep (finally) when the phone rings and it’s Tam. The Golden Retriever breeder (Wes) that she’s been working with to get her dream puppy called her and said he had a 2 year old male or a 2 year old female (littermates) that she could get if she wanted to do that instead of waiting for a litter and paying out the nose. He was going to be out of town on Search and Rescue refresher training so the only time she could come look was this morning.

Tam works with Wes’ wife, which is where the connection came in, and she’s been on the waiting list for a pup for months. He has a list of 30 criteria any of his dogs need to meet to be considered for future breeding, and these were each short on one or two of them. It’s quite a stringent list, and the male was too small and the female has droopy eyes, not good in the field. The sire and dam of that litter are also out of his breeding program since their first litter produced 2 way-less-than-ideal pups out of 5. But the parents and other 3 pups have been altered and placed in new homes already. So I jumped out of bed, threw on my clothes, and I was out the door. Boy, Wes was right - at 45 pounds full grown, and barely reaching my knee, the male is really small. The female’s eyes would have caught every weed seed and bit of dirt out there because they drooped so low. Tam chose the male. He’s gorgeous, except for being so small.

Now I’m home, finally brewing my morning tea, and getting ready to take my morning cocktail of meds. She doesn’t have a name for him yet - they’ve been calling him “Royal” because those names designate which litter he’s from, but she hates it. So meet the newest addition to our canine family, little Whatzizname:

View attachment 1761762
Tam at the kennel, meeting him for the first time. Love at first sight.

View attachment 1761763
And learning what “home” is.
Beautiful dog! :love every dog is small compared to Fiona! :lol:

first take husband to foot dr, then pick up sister at nursing home, take her with us to go and celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary and take her shopping with us, she was there when we got married, witness and maid of honor so seemed only fitting:thumbsup,

now to take a nap:lol:
Congratulations on 50th!! Wow!

Congrats Sharron on 50th.:hugs

Gorgeous dog and he won’t have so much of the terrible 2 stage!

Happy 50th Anniversary :hugs

Happy 50th anniversary!! And congratulations! Have a margarita on me!

Congratulations - you must have been married when you were 10 or 12[/QUOTE

thanks everyone
every year he always ask me ,"do you want to be married to me for another year" and y'all know what i always say cause we've made it 50
dd, like i said, you make me laugh:lau, maybe not 10 or 12 but i just had a birthday, just turned 17, he was 20(we've been together 52 yrs actually) best thing i ever did
but again thanks everyone:celebrate

Sounds like you may or may not have a 12 hour day! :lol: either way, have a great one! :)

Got lucky...only 11 hours! :gig No truck but plenty of customers!

:old Good morning, everyone! I know it’s not the chipper happy wave dude but this one reflects more of how I feel today. Sound asleep (finally) when the phone rings and it’s Tam. The Golden Retriever breeder (Wes) that she’s been working with to get her dream puppy called her and said he had a 2 year old male or a 2 year old female (littermates) that she could get if she wanted to do that instead of waiting for a litter and paying out the nose. He was going to be out of town on Search and Rescue refresher training so the only time she could come look was this morning.

Tam works with Wes’ wife, which is where the connection came in, and she’s been on the waiting list for a pup for months. He has a list of 30 criteria any of his dogs need to meet to be considered for future breeding, and these were each short on one or two of them. It’s quite a stringent list, and the male was too small and the female has droopy eyes, not good in the field. The sire and dam of that litter are also out of his breeding program since their first litter produced 2 way-less-than-ideal pups out of 5. But the parents and other 3 pups have been altered and placed in new homes already. So I jumped out of bed, threw on my clothes, and I was out the door. Boy, Wes was right - at 45 pounds full grown, and barely reaching my knee, the male is really small. The female’s eyes would have caught every weed seed and bit of dirt out there because they drooped so low. Tam chose the male. He’s gorgeous, except for being so small.

Now I’m home, finally brewing my morning tea, and getting ready to take my morning cocktail of meds. She doesn’t have a name for him yet - they’ve been calling him “Royal” because those names designate which litter he’s from, but she hates it. So meet the newest addition to our canine family, little Whatzizname:

View attachment 1761762
Tam at the kennel, meeting him for the first time. Love at first sight.

View attachment 1761763
And learning what “home” is.

Beautiful addition to the family B! Congrats to all :thumbsup

first take husband to foot dr, then pick up sister at nursing home, take her with us to go and celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary and take her shopping with us, she was there when we got married, witness and maid of honor so seemed only fitting:thumbsup,

now to take a nap:lol:

Big Congratulations to you & the DH Sharron, 50 years is definitely something to celebrate:celebrate

Back
Top Bottom