The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

At least you're in the cash phase and not using gold doubloons or Confederacy money!
Hey, I object to that...I have Confederate money and gold doubloons. Bought the doubloons in Puerto Rico, with 'cash' and the Confederate money was inherited from my great grandfather, a Col. in the Texas Confederacy.

Not to change to subject, but I have a couple of bird questions; how often do I dust my chickens for feather lice? Ocho has them bad, but the girls all dust bathe and I don't see any on them, but they're still getting dusted. I have poultry dust with permethrin, and Sevin dust also. Was thinking of switching back and forth to get full coverage.

Also, my ducks are almost 9 weeks old and losing lots of feathers. Are they molting normally or should I start looking them over for lice too?

Heck, I still use cash. :old

My credit is so bad they won’t take my cash! :idunno

But saving matters! We started tossing change into a little can. Our change outgrew that so we switched to a jug. A couple of months ago when Ken was out of town for a few days and I was home, I decided (stupidly) to see how much was in there, because the jug was to the point where we couldn’t get even a dime in there anymore. So we were back to the can. I was stunned! We have since purchased a new, bigger jug, put what I counted in there with the paper I totaled it tucked in there, and started refilling the first jug. Then on our for really anniversary (we actually have one next year) we’re going to take it all down and put it into a special savings account for Kendra. The counted money only fills the new jug about halfway, but we have the lid screwed down tight on it until the first jug is full. Then we’ll count that out and add it to the big jug so we can kind of keep a running total.

6E603563-2AD0-4481-8ACC-7244BA64D634.jpeg 9DFF9CFB-EDFF-4E31-ABCE-9C0B8E4C8DBD.jpeg

B92B6668-0C6A-4EEA-B89D-A00E15995FE0.jpeg

Yeah, waves count toward that 60,000! I’m so far away I can’t even see the horizon! Congratulations, my friend!

Awww! For what it's worth, I would do just about anything to have you in my family! Ya wanna get 'dopted?
View attachment 1773961

Can't speak for B, but I do! Only, I don't want to move to Alabama cos it gets so hot and sticky there.

Ooh, we could be sisters!! I could add two more sisters to my other two! I get along better with sisters than I do kids and grandkids, apparently!

Bought my last truck 7 years ago. We agreed on a price, and I told the salesman, "I'm prepared to buy it today." He said, "Okay, lets go to see the finance guy." I said, "No I'll pay cash." Jaw drop ! Had to see the finance guy anyway who tried to get me to finance the truck. Why? So you can make more money on me ? No way.

What I wouldn’t have given to see that!!

My credit is so bad they won’t take my cash! :idunno

But saving matters! We started tossing change into a little can. Our change outgrew that so we switched to a jug. A couple of months ago when Ken was out of town for a few days and I was home, I decided (stupidly) to see how much was in there, because the jug was to the point where we couldn’t get even a dime in there anymore. So we were back to the can. I was stunned! We have since purchased a new, bigger jug, put what I counted in there with the paper I totaled it tucked in there, and started refilling the first jug. Then on our for really anniversary (we actually have one next year) we’re going to take it all down and put it into a special savings account for Kendra. The counted money only fills the new jug about halfway, but we have the lid screwed down tight on it until the first jug is full. Then we’ll count that out and add it to the big jug so we can kind of keep a running total.

View attachment 1773987 View attachment 1773986

View attachment 1773991

Saving really does matter, I agree B! Good job on the change :D

I save mine too along with any tips I earn at work. By the end of the season I usually have enough to do something special (last year it helped pay for my son & I to go to Yellowstone).

It all adds up!

Back
Top Bottom