The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Somewhere under that DQ Chocolate Blizzard is a brand new missing tooth. Um, she ate this one too.
B8A69978-9CE4-4ABE-8FF2-CE8DEC68A938.jpeg

It was still in her mouth when I took care of her today. She and Fiona are sure buddies! Kendra can’t say Fiona, but Fee answers to “Fidona” just as well.

A6AEFA2C-4144-41DB-8082-26A582CFB527.jpeg D01EB758-C4D5-469E-A7FA-7D99D80F9634.jpeg B3B882E8-D260-44B9-AE81-8D56C9060F2E.jpeg 0E4139B7-197C-4F8F-A296-38D7B8269962.jpeg 054D5F57-0E6B-48C8-9BCB-94C40A73B136.jpeg

This is not us, thank goodness. Our neighbors renter got stuck right down the road here. Hubby and son went down to see if they could help. He’s got 2 tractors on the way to help him. This is a big farmer. I imagine he’s trying to get as much done as possible before the rain comes...uffda!
View attachment 1779902
:eek:

Goodnight all. Headed to bed. Exhausted. Busy day today and another busy day tomorrow. Actually, busy weekend followed by a VERY busy Monday :th I will be so ready to SLEEP after these 4 days lol but then thankfully so far Tuesday is looking clear for some catch up sleep/rest and I will DEFINITELY be sleeping in :th and then Wednesday is very slow as I only have one pop in visit since Frank gets neutered Wednesday so I’m not working that day since he can’t do anything anyways. Anyway, gotta go. Need to get up very early tomorrow.

My jewelry box has one piece of jewelry in it, a little necklace my boyfriend gave me in 6 th. grade otherwise just old photos, a valentine card and some buttons & doo dads.

I have some things that I treasure in mine among the many pieces in there. Ken gave me a diamond heart necklace when our twin sons died, and I wear that most of the time. Katie gave me a little silver locket, and it has miniature photos of her on one side and me on the other. Those are the treasures.

I do buy too much jewelry, and although I enjoy wearing it I didn’t buy it for me. When my parents died, my entire legacy was a handkerchief that Dad had in the hospital when he passed. That’s it. So I am determined that each of my children, siblings, and grandchildren will have a few pieces that they’ve see me wear often, and I hope when they wear them, they’ll remember seeing me with them on. I have one ring that has birthstones for me, Linda and Lori in it...a gorgeous peridot (Linda) surrounded by zircons - not to be confused with cubic zirconias (me) and blue diamonds (Lori). That will be Lori’s. Ron will get the Black Hills gold cross necklace he bought me for Christmas the year he was home on leave from the Navy for Christmas, the time that it had been the only gift he’d been able to buy before his wallet was stolen. Bev has an Opal ring with blue zircons on either side of the center stone.

I’m lucky that December has a choice of several birthstones, so Katie and Tammy will get any jewelry with those - the Tanzanites, the Blue Zircons, and the white zircons. Jenny will get the sapphires, some to wear, some to hold for Kendra, Jamie will get the emeralds, either to hold for Madelyn or to give to the new lady who might be in his future-or both. The Aquamarines are for Landyn and Madelyn. Little Diane will get the other opals and the tourmalines. Evan will get the white and colored diamonds for him and the special lady in his future. And Tammy will get the Citrine, in loving memory of Austin. I’ve been collecting these a little at a time since Little Diane was born, the first of the grands born after Ma died.

Yes, it’s expensive (sometimes) and excessive, and no, I don’t give a rat’s hiney! So many times I’ve wished I had something of Ma’s - a trinket, a bit of costume jewelry, a barrette, a teacup - just something of hers to hold. I know how important that connection is. What I don’t know is if I’m doing it for them or if I’m selfishly doing it to fill some empty gap in me. Ken understands this, and he loves to get me jewelry for special occasions, knowing they are only mine for a little while. I have a photo book and every piece is pictured with the recipient’s name on it. That way the phrase in the will “to be dispersed as shown” covers the older pieces and the newer ones that I may add. It’s my vice. The tiara in my avatar, though, is all mine! :lau

Back
Top Bottom