The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Beautiful bench Bob! Do you still have it?
Yup, Sue just took the pic. I probably built it in 91. I do need to take the cushion off and re-staple the fabric. Inside the bench we store all our Japanese dishware and keepsakes. After all of this time, it still smells heavenly inside.

The most difficult project I've done was the butcher block counter top with the walnut pie rings inlaid in it. What I wouldn't have given for a wide plainer. And routing out the circles for the inlays was terrifying, but in the end it came out great. Of course it was sealed with a food grade oil so one can actually use it for food. The new owners, were thrilled with it, but they don't eat anything that doesn't come out of a box.

Oh and DMC, the laser engraved letters in the pie rings are no longer there. I didn't route the inlays deep enough so I had to sand to make everything flush. No one but me knows there were once laser engraved letters.

I been doing it since aquariums were steel rimmed and packed with Tar for waterproofing.
Boy are you OLD! ;) My first tank was the same. And like Cap, you are only a year older than I am.

It takes a special kind of patience to have a tank with live plants...
Guess I'm lucky. I have what I think are Java Ferns in my aquarium. I break off quite a bit and toss it every couple of months otherwise you wouldn't be able to find the fish.

Sheesh, I'm pooped. There was a lot of shoveling to do outside. I'm glad DH is coming home tomorrow...I'll be glad to let him take over shovel duty. :D
Oh, but he might be wiped out from working on the other house and not have the energy to shovel!

It's very good. When you go to their store front you can taste test. :D
But you can't drive home after!!

Boy are you OLD! ;) My first tank was the same. And like Cap, you are only a year older than I am.

Guess I'm lucky. I have what I think are Java Ferns in my aquarium. I break off quite a bit and toss it every couple of months otherwise you wouldn't be able to find the fish.

Oh, but he might be wiped out from working on the other house and not have the energy to shovel!

Java ferns? I'll be right over!

Actually you can. Taste tests are heavily governed by the state.

DMC there are about a hundred things I wish had come out differently in the bench below. This was one of my early works. Only plywood in it, is under the cushion which has t-nuts in it so the cushion is removable. Everything here started as rough cut lumber. Mostly 5/4's stuff. And it is aromatic cedar, imported from the states to Japan.
View attachment 2005656
That’s beautiful!

I'd be happy to ship some to you if you think they would live. I can ask DW. They probably only need a ziplock bag and a wet paper towel I would think.

Be aware that you might also get some snails, I seem to have them, then I don't, then I do.
I don't mind snails, I already have ramshorn and pond snails. I fear the plants would freeze on the way here. Maybe spring would be better.

I'm a bit behind in the thread but this song is awesome!. :clap. I can't make out a word they are saying but:thumbsup most times I can't make out a word when I sing either:woot:lau.

This is some good advice:thumbsup!

good morning . Looks like very intricate work. Are you moving? How far away are you gonna go.

Wow that's cheap ..:eek:. It's about 10k per acre out here. Our farm would be a lot bigger if I lived out there.

How many acres of weeds do you have:lol:

That's good exercise. !:thumbsup. Makes you Better appreciate the pictures. As if they aren't pretty enough. ;). I don't have enough acres to walk 1,000yards . Unless I walked circles..

That's sad ... I hope God gives people peace when going through hard times.:hugs

here's my tank it's not as clean as yours, But I was going for the natural look the fish breed better.View attachment 2002657View attachment 2005383I have been in the fish hobby for about 10 years.

gosh that looks cold.. but it's nothing new to me :barnie... Reminds me of my field

I don't have the adapting power plug for my tractors block heater so I dont used it. It doesn't harm the tractor as long as you have a good mixture of antifreeze and there's no water in the oill. For cold starting I have a thermostart on the intake. Works really well if you know how long to leave it on. Too long it burns out the coil to short it doesn't start. That's why I have it on a momentary contact switch.

Oh I hope you can get your strength back.:hugs
great pic of the fish don

Back
Top Bottom