The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Just got a text message from our daughter. She and our GD were supposed to run a 10K in NYC today so they and 2 of their neighbors ran a neighborhood 10K - separated by 10'. Yeah, they are feeling the boredom. Can't speak for their neighbors, but daughter and granddaughter have the same Gypsy nature as the Princess. :love
Kinda hard to win that race by "a nose"! :lau

Very true.
You & hubby staying healthy? Is he able to travel back & forth to the house, or is he stuck in 1 place?

Sorry Michelle, I missed answering earlier. DH & I are fine. He's been able to get quite a bit of work done on the Casper house and since he has a lot of materials to do projects with already at the house, he hasn't had to go hardly anywhere.

Good morning everyone! :frow

Hi Chrissy, how are you doing?

I think I'm doing some shopping for my neighbors again today. We're all on lockdown around here, so nobody wants to leave their homes. We have to go get feed for the animals, so I'm doing a grocery run while we're out and about. :)

Nice of you to help your neighbors out. Hope you find everything you're looking for!

Good morning everyone! :frow
:frow Good afternoon Chrissy, have a great day...

Debby, I'm slowing down. Took me close to an hour and a half to prep the stock, but it's now on and heading for it's first boil. I think we'll start canning it at 10:00 tomorrow morning. I'm pretty sure I've told the story of my stock pot, but if not and you want to hear about it, just let me know.

Garden is getting pushed to tomorrow. Went to town today, stores are starting to recover but there are still crazy people out there.

Sour, Sue like to tell folks that it took her 15 years to train me to put the seat down, all else is still a work in progress. :gig But I do the same things you do and always have. Was the way I was raised. Grandpa get's credit for that training. He was insistent that he'd teach me to be a proper gentleman and it stuck.

:frow Good afternoon Chrissy, have a great day...

Debby, I'm slowing down. Took me close to an hour and a half to prep the stock, but it's now on and heading for it's first boil. I think we'll start canning it at 10:00 tomorrow morning. I'm pretty sure I've told the story of my stock pot, but if not and you want to hear about it, just let me know.

Garden is getting pushed to tomorrow. Went to town today, stores are starting to recover but there are still crazy people out there.

Sour, Sue like to tell folks that it took her 15 years to train me to put the seat down, all else is still a work in progress. :gig But I do the same things you do and always have. Was the way I was raised. Grandpa get's credit for that training. He was insistent that he'd teach me to be a proper gentleman and it stuck.

Is your story about the stock pot that didn't want to boil? Seems I recall that it took just about forever.

Have you two been eating some of the pork you processed earlier this year? How is it?

DH is good about lowering the seat (I think the 3 house cats trained him on that). And he opens doors. And he holds my hand when we walk through parking lots...maybe he's worried I'll get in the wrong car or something. :lol:

Is your story about the stock pot that didn't want to boil? Seems I recall that it took just about forever.

Have you two been eating some of the pork you processed earlier this year? How is it?

DH is good about lowering the seat (I think the 3 house cats trained him on that). And he opens doors. And he holds my hand when we walk through parking lots...maybe he's worried I'll get in the wrong car or something. :lol:
The pork tastes awesome but is tough. Everything will be low and slow or sausage.

When I make stock, I generally prefer my 160qt pot as regardless of pot size, it still takes 12+ hours to make a good stock. I used my stock pot to scald the pigs and couldn't for the life of me get it hot enough when it was cold out. The story of how the pot came to be is or can be a bit entertaining. :D It's about work road trips and my rule that we will NOT talk work after hours.

Back
Top Bottom