The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

What a good company to work for Bob, that's one that cares!

I was on unemployment for the winter, classified as an "attached employee", meaning I had a job to return to. That status was only good for 12 weeks, which coincided when I would normally go back to work at the golf course.

I wondered about the requirement to seek a job. No one around here is hiring, if anything, they are cutting back on hours (and/or employees).

I'll check into getting back on it, because my bills sure haven't stopped just because the job market has.
A lot of states are waiving the job seeking requirement because of COVID-19. But extended benefits and increased pay out are good things. Even though my job is not affected, I could still be furloughed or laid off because the company needs to reduce its overhead. I don't think it will happen, but the possibility remains. That said, as a company, we are doing everything possible to keep employees whole through this time. We are allowing employees to donate PTO, we have a foundation that has emergency funds available and have activated them. Our goal it to keep everyone paid whether they work or not through this crisis.

A lot of states are waiving the job seeking requirement because of COVID-19. But extended benefits and increased pay out are good things. Even though my job is not affected, I could still be furloughed or laid off because the company needs to reduce its overhead. I don't think it will happen, but the possibility remains. That said, as a company, we are doing everything possible to keep employees whole through this time. We are allowing employees to donate PTO, we have a foundation that has emergency funds available and have activated them. Our goal it to keep everyone paid whether they work or not through this crisis.

That's awesome!

If it keeps people from passing around cooties, it's good news. If I look at my bank balance, it's bad news. And for DH, who was told he could just operate and maintain that place by himself, it's ridiculous news.
Hey, if there is no one coming to play golf, he doesn't have much to do other than tend the grounds for when they can right?

I'll check that out Bob, hadn't heard anything about it. Guess I've only been watching a tiny fraction of the news the past week or so, it's too depressing.
If you are filing joint and have a joint income of under $150K last year you will get $1,200. If you got a refund and had it direct deposited, they will put the money there. How they know that you still have the same bank account I have no idea. And if you don't?? I don't know.

@N F C I'm not sure in which thread you mentioned using honey in your coffee. I tried it this afternoon, I like it! I'm looking to reduce refined sugar in our diet.
How about some REAL maple syrup? I've not tried honey or maple syrup in coffee but I figure if honey would be good, so would REAL maple syrup.

Covid 19 makes a lot of new people want to have chickens!
And they will want them to lay immediately. Or if they know it will take 5-6 months for the first egg, they'll get a dozen chicks and tell them to all work together to lay 2 eggs a month after they arrive.

Hey, if there is no one coming to play golf, he doesn't have much to do other than tend the grounds for when they can right?

That's 25 acres of finely landscaped property that requires daily care seven days a week (irrigating, fertilizing, cutting, etc.). Then there's over 1 million dollars in equipment to care for (not counting 30 golf carts that also require care). He can't be mowing, playing mechanic on equipment, running the irrigation system that blows up at least once a week because it's 35 years old, and keep an eye on the pro shop to ring up customers all by himself.

And people are already calling wanting to know when they can come out to play. Some do not seem to care about the current circumstances.

Back
Top Bottom