The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

I get it Bob. My queue is one reason I stopped for a couple days. Now I'll just say "hello" and immediately "unwatch". I hope you, Sour, Chrissy and Sean, being the regular dependable greeters you are, will know I like you any way! :D
I know & understand :hugs
I'll check that out Bob, hadn't heard anything about it. Guess I've only been watching a tiny fraction of the news the past week or so, it's too depressing.
I don't have news other than internet and really don't pay attention, but what I do have is a good company that I work for with a bunch of really good lawyers who want me to know what I'm entitled to or what to expect. Bad boss not withstanding, the company is very good. Our legal and legislative folks went through the act point by point and sent out an announcement company wide of what we were entitled to and what we should expect. Some of those notes are up to a $600 per week increase in unemployment. Extension of unemployment from 26 weeks to 39 weeks. Also, many states are waiving the requirement to seek jobs during this time period in order the stay in place orders. Other things that wont impact you and I include allowing people affected by COVID-19 to withdraw funds from their 401K without penalty. And then there are the stimulus checks the IRS will be issuing. Depending on income level, up to $1200 per person and $500 per child under 18.

My apologies to the greeters who didn't get liked this morning... I gave up after a page and a half in my queue and went and did new greets. The volume this week has been crazy and quite literally, I had 150 watched, unread threads in my queue this morning. I think I got through 60 or so and threw in the towel. I believe anyone who takes the time to greet a new person deserves a like (well mostly), but it was more than I could handle this morning.
Sorry Bob , maybe I can do some later tonight.

I know & understand :hugs

I don't have news other than internet and really don't pay attention, but what I do have is a good company that I work for with a bunch of really good lawyers who want me to know what I'm entitled to or what to expect. Bad boss not withstanding, the company is very good. Our legal and legislative folks went through the act point by point and sent out an announcement company wide of what we were entitled to and what we should expect. Some of those notes are up to a $600 per week increase in unemployment. Extension of unemployment from 26 weeks to 39 weeks. Also, many states are waiving the requirement to seek jobs during this time period in order the stay in place orders. Other things that wont impact you and I include allowing people affected by COVID-19 to withdraw funds from their 401K without penalty. And then there are the stimulus checks the IRS will be issuing. Depending on income level, up to $1200 per person and $500 per child under 18.

What a good company to work for Bob, that's one that cares!

I was on unemployment for the winter, classified as an "attached employee", meaning I had a job to return to. That status was only good for 12 weeks, which coincided when I would normally go back to work at the golf course.

I wondered about the requirement to seek a job. No one around here is hiring, if anything, they are cutting back on hours (and/or employees).

I'll check into getting back on it, because my bills sure haven't stopped just because the job market has.

My apologies to the greeters who didn't get liked this morning... I gave up after a page and a half in my queue and went and did new greets. The volume this week has been crazy and quite literally, I had 150 watched, unread threads in my queue this morning. I think I got through 60 or so and threw in the towel. I believe anyone who takes the time to greet a new person deserves a like (well mostly), but it was more than I could handle this morning.
Covid 19 makes a lot of new people want to have chickens!

Back
Top Bottom