The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

:frow Good evening Sean, hope you've had a great day.

Well, the job that was supposed to be an hour or so, has turned into something much grander. I thought the top boards on my planter shelves were rotten. Turns out the underlying structure was. So here's country engineering at its finest to get me through this growing season. I'll likely do a complete redesign and rebuild next year. Yes I need to get more 1/2 PVC, but I have it laying around here somewhere. Thankfully, the 2x6's that hold the pipes are not structural. Hoping they hold the pipes throughout the growing season.
View attachment 2085243View attachment 2085244

That's impressive Bob, nice system!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/attachments/2085244/

Looks better than my growing structure! mines called, patio! :lau
20200411_174859.jpg

What ya got growing? and what's in the ones with lids on them....I'm nosy?
Mostly Tomatoes. Hoping to get enough to do some canning. Top row will be super sauce, second row will be mortgage lifters, bottom left will be early girl then a jalapeno and a cherry tomato. I'll plant more tomatoes and peppers in pots around the deck. I haven't been getting my normal yield here in TN, so thinking it's the Ph of the water. I'll be testing it soon.

Thanks Debby, there mostly low growing ~3' high. I really like the Mexican Sunflowers, so do butterflies and hummers. :love

Growing up in KS, I saw fields and fields of sunflowers...always loved them! I used to grow the tall 7-8' tall ones in FL (they would't last a day in this WY wind).

Back
Top Bottom