The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

It varies from place to place depending upon the guidance given and exposure to the reality of the situation. I personally have never known anyone who died from the flu - I know 5 who have died and several who will remain compromised for the rest of their lives because of coronavirus. This is the reality in NJ. We have a governor whose politics I don't always agree with, but he has addressed this situation forcefully, and right now compared to the rest of the country we are doing well. Here almost everyone is wearing a mask and social distancing. We have made 2 trips to the Jersey Shore, and people on the beach are setting up 20' away from one another. Much misinformation particularly in regard to this disease and young people has led many to conduct themselves in a self centered way. What we on the East coast faced early on others are now having to deal with. This is nowhere near over. :(
I can’t believe how many people here are not taking it seriously. I don’t wear a mask but I’m not in anyone’s face and I social distance. I use hand sanitizer before I go into a place of business and when I get back in my vehicle. I try to touch only what I have too. We don’t have too many cases compared to other areas. There are 22 cases in the county I work in and 14 in the county I live in. I agree this is nowhere near over.

Hi everyone... popping in to say I am alive and reasonably well. Subfloor on the house is in and the kitchen cabinets are at the house doing a dry fit... With human help of course. :gig

Everything is ready for the vinyl floors to be put in. I hope.

So Now I need to turn to myself and those little things that will allow me to move there as they finish the build. Propane delivery and someone to turn the water heater on. My guy can do that.

Last but not least I need Satellite internet that will bundle with TV and Phones. So far Hughes has checked off the boxes. But I am hoping to get some feed back on Hughes ... good bad or otherwise. And or other internet providers. I am on the border or near the border of Mexico if that makes a difference.

deb

I can’t believe how many people here are not taking it seriously. I don’t wear a mask but I’m not in anyone’s face and I social distance. I use hand sanitizer before I go into a place of business and when I get back in my vehicle. I try to touch only what I have too. We don’t have too many cases compared to other areas. There are 22 cases in the county I work in and 14 in the county I live in. I agree this is nowhere near over.
San Diego has relaxed some but All of california is still increasing cases... Its definately not over and as flu season approaches people will realize this.

I am keeping my mask on when in the city. When i get home I will be in a seriously isolated place.

deb

:frow Hi Deb, have a great day... You're making wonderful progress. check on data caps with hughes. I think after you reach a certain level they throttle your bandwidth back. Not certain at all as that was four years ago and a lot has changed.
I will check and try to evaluate my internet usage right now. I can and will dial down my searches I tend to go down the rabbit hole on occasion. Definitely check the data caps and how they work. thanks.

deb

Our director at daycare just contacted us. One of our 3 employees that were tested is positive for Covid. We are closed for at least 2 weeks and probably all of us will need to get tested. :hmm

I hope you guys are negative too. Don't stress too hard about it, my husband had direct contact with another instructor who had it and didn't get sick. Just be diligent about washing your hands or using hand sanitizer when you're out. Have fun camping!
Sometimes I wonder how seriously some people take this stuff. Or maybe they feel they can't afford to take off work? Either way, it's not fair to expose other people.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed you're ok and negative DMC :fl

Guess we're getting ready to leave, will be back tomorrow...have a good day no matter what!

(Your last post about camping reminded me of good old Maxine :lol: )
View attachment 2226540
I love Maxine. Have fun and safe travels!
Hi everyone... popping in to say I am alive and reasonably well. Subfloor on the house is in and the kitchen cabinets are at the house doing a dry fit... With human help of course. :gig

Everything is ready for the vinyl floors to be put in. I hope.

So Now I need to turn to myself and those little things that will allow me to move there as they finish the build. Propane delivery and someone to turn the water heater on. My guy can do that.

Last but not least I need Satellite internet that will bundle with TV and Phones. So far Hughes has checked off the boxes. But I am hoping to get some feed back on Hughes ... good bad or otherwise. And or other internet providers. I am on the border or near the border of Mexico if that makes a difference.

deb
It's good to hear from you. Great news on the house progress. How long until you think you can move in?

Geez, can't get a break from housework no matter what!

Same here. Very high relative humidity overnight as the air cools. Condenses on the roof so it sounds like it is raining when it slides off in the morning. And we have several awning windows which are opaque with dew in the morning. There was a ground fog at the neighbor's.

PRESSURE!!!!!
Yeah, and a feels like temperature of 100°!

It's good to hear from you. Great news on the house progress. How long until you think you can move in?
My goal right now is to move up there on a part time basis. The house proper is going gang busters. But there are three rooms on grade level that need my attention.

The Laundry room is about 11 x 11 and filled up with stuff I didnt know where to put. Some of it is out right trash some of it is important. I need to sort and do a search and destroy. nice part about that is the exterior door accesses the car port. and I can toss bags out that door Luis wants that room attended to because he needs to build me a landing and stairs.

Same goes for the Green house room. It needs a landing and stairs and its filled up with boxes from when i moved there in 2003 plus some other stuff. that can go.

Finally there is my Art studio. It looks a mess but its just how I left it... :gig The debris from raising chicks in there has to be vacuumed up, and my art supplies organized again. Then my Jewelry Shop gets moved in. Which includes a work table and two cabinets.

Once the Laundry room is cleared and the landing in I can move boxes into the laundry room. Mostly stuff that needs to be looked in and searched and destroyed. We dont have a dumpster here at grandmas house so having the dumpster there is going to be a godsend.

So Long story short... I wont be in till the first floor is finished and furnished. Going to be a while possibly in the fall. The plan i have is to keep the house propper pretty dang clean and minimalist. Saving the spaces for creativity and mess for My Art studio and the Green house room.

We will see how long that lasts.

deb

My goal right now is to move up there on a part time basis. The house proper is going gang busters. But there are three rooms on grade level that need my attention.

The Laundry room is about 11 x 11 and filled up with stuff I didnt know where to put. Some of it is out right trash some of it is important. I need to sort and do a search and destroy. nice part about that is the exterior door accesses the car port. and I can toss bags out that door Luis wants that room attended to because he needs to build me a landing and stairs.

Same goes for the Green house room. It needs a landing and stairs and its filled up with boxes from when i moved there in 2003 plus some other stuff. that can go.

Finally there is my Art studio. It looks a mess but its just how I left it... :gig The debris from raising chicks in there has to be vacuumed up, and my art supplies organized again. Then my Jewelry Shop gets moved in. Which includes a work table and two cabinets.

Once the Laundry room is cleared and the landing in I can move boxes into the laundry room. Mostly stuff that needs to be looked in and searched and destroyed. We dont have a dumpster here at grandmas house so having the dumpster there is going to be a godsend.

So Long story short... I wont be in till the first floor is finished and furnished. Going to be a while possibly in the fall. The plan i have is to keep the house propper pretty dang clean and minimalist. Saving the spaces for creativity and mess for My Art studio and the Green house room.

We will see how long that lasts.

deb
Fall will be here before you know it! You've definitely got some work ahead but I'll bet it feels good to get it all going. I hope everything goes well.

I've been in purge mode here, going slow so hubs doesn't notice too much change at once :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom