The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

The last month has been really rough, but things are really looking up now.
Oh no, I hope it hasn't been too difficult on you! :hugs I hear you though, this has been a very difficult year for us as well. Like a dark cloud is looming over head, which never leaves! Lets hope all our lives get on the positive side of life soon! :hugs

Lollie is doing fair. Gosh, he is looking so old now. Still declining but much slower now, it took a while to get the right meds and dosages correct. He is doing a lot more coughing the last few days, it might be time to get him back in to the vet to listen to the fluid in his lungs. But he still enjoys life, he still does 1 zoomie through the living room each morning and barks for food! :D As long as he still has that spark for life, all is good!

How are your kitties doing? How many do you have now?

That spark of life is amazing isn't it? The last (and best) dog I had, a Westie, kept that spark for a long time before she passed.

It's so hard to watch them age, but we're so lucky to have an amazingly special pet in our lives. :love

Oh no, I hope it hasn't been too difficult on you! :hugs I hear you though, this has been a very difficult year for us as well. Like a dark cloud is looming over head, which never leaves! Lets hope all our lives get on the positive side of life soon! :hugs

Amen to that! This has been a rough year for everyone I think. We're all due for a fabulous 2021!

That spark of life is amazing isn't it? The last (and best) dog I had, a Westie, kept that spark for a long time before she passed.

It's so hard to watch them age, but we're so lucky to have an amazingly special pet in our lives. :love
Yes, it's very difficult to see them age, they are so much like family. Was Westie a West Highland Terrier? I love that breed!

Yes, it's very difficult to see them age, they are so much like family. Was Westie a West Highland Terrier? I love that breed!

Yes, that's what she was. What a special little dog she was, very smart, entertaining, well behaved. Even when she was past 10, she still thought she was a pup and did her best to be the active little comedian. She went through several health issues (allergies, a stomach abscess surgery, seizures, etc.) that finally caught up with her and she passed at 14.

One of these days I'll have to share a picture of her. But even though she's been gone 10 years now, it still makes me sad to look at them.

Leyla, you asked about my cats...I have 3 here at home and DH has another 3 down at the golf course. We're well stocked up on kitties!

These are my 3:

This is my spoiled boy Opie. He showed up at our door at Thanksgiving time 2016, a tiny starving & dirty baby. At 14+ pounds, he's definitely not starving now and he's the undisputed boss of the house.
Opie May 2020.JPG

This is Pip, a dainty independent girl that refuses to take any flak from Opie:
July 2019 Pip.JPG

And the gray is Bam Bam, the poor boy isn't very bright, but is sweet natured, he even puts up with Opie:
Bam and Opie July 2019.JPG

Yes, that's what she was. What a special little dog she was, very smart, entertaining, well behaved. Even when she was past 10, she still thought she was a pup and did her best to be the active little comedian. She went through several health issues (allergies, a stomach abscess surgery, seizures, etc.) that finally caught up with her and she passed at 14.

One of these days I'll have to share a picture of her. But even though she's been gone 10 years now, it still makes me sad to look at them.
:hugs aww....I know how it is Debby, I don't think our hearts ever heal over their passing. They get so intertwined in our hearts. Definitely post a photo of her, when you are ready!

Leyla, you asked about my cats...I have 3 here at home and DH has another 3 down at the golf course. We're well stocked up on kitties!

These are my 3:

This is my spoiled boy Opie. He showed up at our door at Thanksgiving time 2016, a tiny starving & dirty baby. At 14+ pounds, he's definitely not starving now and he's the undisputed boss of the house.
View attachment 2241124

This is Pip, a dainty independent girl that refuses to take any flak from Opie:
View attachment 2241131

And the gray is Bam Bam, the poor boy isn't very bright, but is sweet natured, he even puts up with Opie:
View attachment 2241141
OMG......adorable!! :love I can tell they have you trained up well and they rule the roost over there. :gig Cats are so much fun and entertaining. I miss keeping them and we are thinking after Lollie passes we may bring cats back into our lives. :D Thanks for sharing Debby! :)

Back
Top Bottom