The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

I'm trying to be patient and remember he's still "trainable". But when you ask someone to wash a golf cart and they don't wash the cart tires? Why does it take telling someone to do that part too? I need to figure out how to instill some initiative. He's not a bad kid or dumb, just lacks some ability to think things through.

Oh well, come on October!!!!! People have been warning me about the winters here but I'm kind of looking forward to them, lol.

We'll see what you have to say, come November! :D

He's lucky your patient, I would have gotten ticked! To me some of that is just common sense. I clean houses for a living so I have it branded in my brain
1f606.png

That, and taking pride in ones work!

I do not know if this would work NFC, but maybe if you explain to him that if you have to spend half of your time telling him how to work, then you expect to get half of his pay.
He needs to get the initiative into gear or work for less money.

My biggest challenge yesterday (and most likely today) will be the 21-yr old employee that works with me in the pro shop. He does only what's asked and only when asked. For instance, I asked him to take out the trash from the 3 cans in the pro shop, kitchen and bar. He took out 2. I asked him to take out the 3rd and he did, but didn't put in a new trash bag. I asked him to vacuum the pro shop and he only did the 2 rugs, not the floor so I had to tell him to do the floor too. He vacuumed the floor but didn't move anything so I had to tell him to move things to do the entire floor.
It was like that for 8 solid hours yesterday, on top of a very busy day with golfers. Wore me out.
barnie.gif

Maybe he can't remember more than part of the assignment
idunno.gif
How 'bout giving him a to do list and a pencil? It does sound like you may need to ask for a replacement.

At my new job, had problems with the assistant they hired to help me for the past 2 months - she was a grumpy grouch and really could not do the job. Her last day of employment consisted of grunts (honest, no real words) and ignored my directions -- so I texted the manager and she talked with her by tele. So, at the end of the shift - grumpy got in my face and yelled " Are You Messing With Me?" I ignored her, called the manager and she canned her and provided a wonderful, helpful, intelligent replacement
bun.gif
Now I really wished I had spoken up a lot sooner and not given grumpy the benefit of doubt for two whole months!

Hi sunflour! I didn't have to get bifocals yet...but getting there. It's just a new prescription. It's better today. I have to take my glasses off to read anything which I'm ok with. I need glasses for distance.

I never minded reading glasses, but really hate that I now need the distance correction & really get tired of wearing these all the time.

Maybe he can't remember more than part of the assignment :idunno   How 'bout giving him a to do list and a pencil?  It does sound like you may need to ask for a replacement.

At my new job, had problems with the assistant they hired to help me for the past 2 months - she was a grumpy grouch and really could not do the job.  Her last day of employment consisted of grunts (honest, no real words) and ignored my directions -- so I texted the manager and she talked with her by tele.  So, at the end of the shift - grumpy got in my face and yelled " Are You Messing With Me?"  I ignored her, called the manager and she canned her and provided a wonderful, helpful, intelligent replacement :bun    Now I really wished I had spoken up a lot sooner and not given grumpy the benefit of doubt for two whole months!

You tolerated her a long time, ugh! My sister works with several people like that, she takes breaks alone and reads her books to stay away from the nastiness.

Back
Top Bottom