The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good morning! Here's to a good day for all of us visually challenged
big_smile.png

My biggest challenge yesterday (and most likely today) will be the 21-yr old employee that works with me in the pro shop. He does only what's asked and only when asked. For instance, I asked him to take out the trash from the 3 cans in the pro shop, kitchen and bar. He took out 2. I asked him to take out the 3rd and he did, but didn't put in a new trash bag. I asked him to vacuum the pro shop and he only did the 2 rugs, not the floor so I had to tell him to do the floor too. He vacuumed the floor but didn't move anything so I had to tell him to move things to do the entire floor.
It was like that for 8 solid hours yesterday, on top of a very busy day with golfers. Wore me out.
barnie.gif

Do be careful - stairs/steps/curbing are challenging. And walking on uneven ground is one other.

Personally went from just dime store readers straight to trifocals a few years ago - and still either take off the glasses to do stairs or hold onto the rails.
old.gif

Made me think of this pic posted on Facebook: Worst stairway carpet decision, ever:

My biggest challenge yesterday (and most likely today) will be the 21-yr old employee that works with me in the pro shop. He does only what's asked and only when asked. For instance, I asked him to take out the trash from the 3 cans in the pro shop, kitchen and bar. He took out 2. I asked him to take out the 3rd and he did, but didn't put in a new trash bag. I asked him to vacuum the pro shop and he only did the 2 rugs, not the floor so I had to tell him to do the floor too. He vacuumed the floor but didn't move anything so I had to tell him to move things to do the entire floor.
It was like that for 8 solid hours yesterday, on top of a very busy day with golfers. Wore me out. :barnie

Me thinks he needs trading in for a better model!

I'm trying to be patient and remember he's still "trainable". But when you ask someone to wash a golf cart and they don't wash the cart tires? Why does it take telling someone to do that part too? I need to figure out how to instill some initiative. He's not a bad kid or dumb, just lacks some ability to think things through.

Oh well, come on October!!!!! People have been warning me about the winters here but I'm kind of looking forward to them, lol.

Do be careful - stairs/steps/curbing are challenging.   And walking on uneven ground is one other.   

Personally went from just dime store readers straight to trifocals a few years ago - and still either take off the glasses to do stairs or hold onto the rails. :old

Hi sunflour! I didn't have to get bifocals yet...but getting there. It's just a new prescription. It's better today. I have to take my glasses off to read anything which I'm ok with. I need glasses for distance.

My biggest challenge yesterday (and most likely today) will be the 21-yr old employee that works with me in the pro shop. He does only what's asked and only when asked. For instance, I asked him to take out the trash from the 3 cans in the pro shop, kitchen and bar. He took out 2. I asked him to take out the 3rd and he did, but didn't put in a new trash bag. I asked him to vacuum the pro shop and he only did the 2 rugs, not the floor so I had to tell him to do the floor too. He vacuumed the floor but didn't move anything so I had to tell him to move things to do the entire floor.
It was like that for 8 solid hours yesterday, on top of a very busy day with golfers. Wore me out. :barnie

He's lucky your patient, I would have gotten ticked! To me some of that is just common sense. I clean houses for a living so I have it branded in my brain
1f606.png

Back
Top Bottom