The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Grammy60

Crossing the Road
Jul 2, 2019
Smith County TN
Hello Bob, Sue, IM, Rene, cheepteach, Sour (hope I didn't miss anyone) :frow

It's 54* right now and will get down to mid-30's tonight. That'll make you drag out the sweatshirts (I keep mine out most the year).

@igorsMistress what day is your b-day? My oldest son's is Friday, the 25th (and boy, is HE getting old)!
Good morning again Debby 😁 have an absolutely amazing day

igorsMistress

Crossing the road barefoot.
Premium Feather Member
Apr 9, 2013
My Coop
Hello Bob, Sue, IM, Rene, cheepteach, Sour (hope I didn't miss anyone) :frow

It's 54* right now and will get down to mid-30's tonight. That'll make you drag out the sweatshirts (I keep mine out most the year).

@igorsMistress what day is your b-day? My oldest son's is Friday, the 25th (and boy, is HE getting old)!
Mine is on the 22nd and my moms is the next day, then my sisters the week after. Plus my son and my sisters twins are this month also. I’ll be 51.

igorsMistress

Premium Feather Member
Apr 9, 2013
My Coop
Good morning Sour :frow have a great and relaxing Sunday

Good morning IM :frow have a lovely Sunday and I love the color of your coffee cup ❤

Good morning Cheepteach :frow have a lovely Sunday

Good morning Rene :frow have a great Sunday
Thanks Sue, you also! it’s a relaxing color for first thing in the morning.

igorsMistress

Premium Feather Member
Apr 9, 2013
My Coop
Lots of September birthdays! Will you all get together for a party or something?
No, my sister lives in AL, not sure where the twins are, my son is busy with his life. My mom and I were supposed to get together with my half sister Marcy but that was delayed because one of Igors students has been out sick and we don’t know why. So two weeks for that.

N F C

BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
Dec 12, 2013
Wyoming
No, my sister lives in AL, not sure where the twins are, my son is busy with his life. My mom and I were supposed to get together with my half sister Marcy but that was delayed because one of Igors students has been out sick and we don’t know why. So two weeks for that.
It's hard to get families together any time, especially the way this year has been.

Guess phone calls will work!

bruceha2000

Enabler
Apr 19, 2012
NW Vermont
She did a good job picking it out! Your son sounds like my oldest...he tells me that I'll break a hip & then he'll put me in a home...lol
Tell them those places are expensive and you'll be spending his inheritance paying for it ;)

my baby boy will be 31 end of October---reminds me to be nice to him because he and sister will pick my nursing home!
Tell them YOU'LL pick the home and THEY will pick up the tab ;)

I’ll be 51.
Happy almost birthday you young pup!

JaeG

Crossing the Road
Sep 29, 2014
New Zealand
Hope everyone had a great weekend!

One of my bantams had stashed some eggs and made herself a nest in a pile of branches. I'll let her sit - she shouldn't come to any harm. She had a pile of 13 eggs (she's an Old English Game bantam so she's tiny) so I removed 8 so she could actually sit on them. I'm pretty sure they won't be fertile - my little cockerel is still getting the hang of that part of his job and the older hens aren't keen on letting him get away with anything anyway. But one of our new Muscovy hens laid us an egg today so I might try incubating it (and hopefully she'll lay a few more) and see if our little hen will raise the potential ducklings. The Muscovy would have been with a boy at their old home, and the people we got them off cull any aggressive ones. We'll see. Otherwise I can at last try baking a cake using duck eggs.

These chicks are keeping me busy! The one I thought was a blue I think will be lavender. That's the 'original' colour of the Tailed Araucana.
DSC_0210 (2).JPG

My older ones are feathering fast, well, the Partridge ones are anyway - the Birchens and Splash are still half naked. This one is the worst and it still has the tiniest tail, especially for a 3 and a half week old.
Birchen 2.jpg

We all adore this girl - she's sweet and cuddly and rather likes having her cheeks scritched:
Cyclamen 1.jpg

She'll be staying here for sure. 🥰

Top Bottom