The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Marie2020

Crowing
May 12, 2020
Hope everyone had a great weekend!

One of my bantams had stashed some eggs and made herself a nest in a pile of branches. I'll let her sit - she shouldn't come to any harm. She had a pile of 13 eggs (she's an Old English Game bantam so she's tiny) so I removed 8 so she could actually sit on them. I'm pretty sure they won't be fertile - my little cockerel is still getting the hang of that part of his job and the older hens aren't keen on letting him get away with anything anyway. But one of our new Muscovy hens laid us an egg today so I might try incubating it (and hopefully she'll lay a few more) and see if our little hen will raise the potential ducklings. The Muscovy would have been with a boy at their old home, and the people we got them off cull any aggressive ones. We'll see. Otherwise I can at last try baking a cake using duck eggs.

These chicks are keeping me busy! The one I thought was a blue I think will be lavender. That's the 'original' colour of the Tailed Araucana.
View attachment 2342470

My older ones are feathering fast, well, the Partridge ones are anyway - the Birchens and Splash are still half naked. This one is the worst and it still has the tiniest tail, especially for a 3 and a half week old.
View attachment 2342518

We all adore this girl - she's sweet and cuddly and rather likes having her cheeks scritched:
View attachment 2342525
She'll be staying here for sure. 🥰
She looks so sweet :love

N F C

BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
Dec 12, 2013
Wyoming
Hope everyone had a great weekend!

One of my bantams had stashed some eggs and made herself a nest in a pile of branches. I'll let her sit - she shouldn't come to any harm. She had a pile of 13 eggs (she's an Old English Game bantam so she's tiny) so I removed 8 so she could actually sit on them. I'm pretty sure they won't be fertile - my little cockerel is still getting the hang of that part of his job and the older hens aren't keen on letting him get away with anything anyway. But one of our new Muscovy hens laid us an egg today so I might try incubating it (and hopefully she'll lay a few more) and see if our little hen will raise the potential ducklings. The Muscovy would have been with a boy at their old home, and the people we got them off cull any aggressive ones. We'll see. Otherwise I can at last try baking a cake using duck eggs.

These chicks are keeping me busy! The one I thought was a blue I think will be lavender. That's the 'original' colour of the Tailed Araucana.
View attachment 2342470

My older ones are feathering fast, well, the Partridge ones are anyway - the Birchens and Splash are still half naked. This one is the worst and it still has the tiniest tail, especially for a 3 and a half week old.
View attachment 2342518

We all adore this girl - she's sweet and cuddly and rather likes having her cheeks scritched:
View attachment 2342525
She'll be staying here for sure. 🥰
Hi Jae, they're all adorable chicks, especially that 3rd one!

rjohns39

Wrangler
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
Aug 20, 2015
Smith County, TN

Grammy60

Crossing the Road
Jul 2, 2019
Smith County TN

Top Bottom