The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

ronott1

A chicken will always remember the egg
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
Mar 31, 2011
Woodland, CA
My Coop
No popcorn lol. I’m going to try JoJo Rabbit. I’ll give it ten minutes and if it’s stupid I’ll turn it off. I only agreed to give it a try because Sam Rockwell is in it and I think he’s damn talented. He was Wild Bill in the Green Mile
It is a good but sad movie

JaeG

Crossing the Road
Sep 29, 2014
New Zealand
Hi, Jae
Hope things are better now for your ducks. How ate things going for you? Good luck with the hatch 😊
Stay safe with the crazy weather.
Daylight 'savings' started overnight. I'm an early bird so :tongue to that. 🤣

It's so peaceful up at the ducks now. That drake used to huff like a steam train all the time. He kept his distance from me (he viewed the kids as weak links so would go after them) until yesterday when I was went in the pen in a hat - then he was going to have a piece of me. I feel like I can relax now and enjoy them. I'll give the girls a couple of days in the pen to settle down then I'll let them out to free range.

Hope the test wasn't too awful - they do the nasal swab ones here in NZ.

Marie2020

Crowing
May 12, 2020
Boy, did I get behind in hellos....

Good morning Bob, Marie, Sue, IM, cheepteach, Sour and Ron :frow

Sour, glad you'll get a couple more days of summer! We're slipping into winter here, tomorrow's overnight low will be in the mid-20's. brrrrrrrrrrrr
Hey, where's my hello :frow.
Sorry I left so abruptly last night :(. It couldn't be helped. How is your Saturday going so far? :)

Grammy60

Crossing the Road
Jul 2, 2019
Smith County TN
Daylight 'savings' started overnight. I'm an early bird so :tongue to that. 🤣

It's so peaceful up at the ducks now. That drake used to huff like a steam train all the time. He kept his distance from me (he viewed the kids as weak links so would go after them) until yesterday when I was went in the pen in a hat - then he was going to have a piece of me. I feel like I can relax now and enjoy them. I'll give the girls a couple of days in the pen to settle down then I'll let them out to free range.

Hope the test wasn't too awful - they do the nasal swab ones here in NZ.
I don't like when the time changes, it just confuses people 😩

I'm happy your duck situation is better 🙂 He knew you wouldn't stand for it and decided the kids were easy prey. Sounds like you have a good plan.

The test wasn't as bad as I thought, but she also didn't do the deep swap - thank goodness. It still made my eyes water and she did both sides, I'll know the results by my angiogram appointment.

N F C

BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
Dec 12, 2013
Wyoming
No popcorn lol. I’m going to try JoJo Rabbit. I’ll give it ten minutes and if it’s stupid I’ll turn it off. I only agreed to give it a try because Sam Rockwell is in it and I think he’s damn talented. He was Wild Bill in the Green Mile
So how was the movie, did you like it?

I was Born in Red Bluff California. Most of my Family is here so moving would be hard.

These fires are very recent though in the way they are burning. We used to get a big fire that caused some smoke every 5 to 10 years. Now it is nearly every year.

That is why anyone that has lived here for a long time does not buy the rake the forest stuff.
What does 'rake the forest' mean Ron?

Hey, where's my hello :frow.
Sorry I left so abruptly last night :(. It couldn't be helped. How is your Saturday going so far? :)
Sorry Marie, here's a hello for you! :frow

Marie2020

Crowing
May 12, 2020
I was Born in Red Bluff California. Most of my Family is here so moving would be hard.

These fires are very recent though in the way they are burning. We used to get a big fire that caused some smoke every 5 to 10 years. Now it is nearly every year.

That is why anyone that has lived here for a long time does not buy the rake the forest stuff.
These fires are a menace, I've notice the difference, the paradise fires, with the sound off the tv the image's alone were shocking, i honesty thought the scenes of shooting flames from the ground was a movie.

I second the question on rake the forest

Last edited:

Top Bottom