The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

That’s handy and makes sense. Does that mean you’re going to start going to campus regularly?My daughter has to test every two weeks, the whole department does.
It does not sound like we will be going back until Spring Quarter at the earliest. That is in March

People coming here can schedule a test for 7 days after they arrive and start quarantine. If the results come back negative they can skip the rest of the 14 day mandated quarantine for ANYONE coming to the state, even VT residents that went somewhere outside the state other than for daily work, child visitation swap or medical appointments.
Yeah but who actually enforces that? Our governor trusted everyone flying into AZ for any length of time to self quarantine too. That’s just silly. I get the stir crazy feeling, I really do. I’m so thankful that I have a garden to get outside away from everyone when I’m ready to pull my hair out.

What about students? Are classes online only?
All but about 90 of the classes are online. All of the classes in the University Writing Program and Dept of English are online through the Winter Quarter(That is my Unit here)

We are seeing a lot more numbers now because of the day of the dead in Woodland. We are close to 50% hispanic here
How sad that next year people will be celebrating more of their dead because of how they celebrated them this year.

Yeah but who actually enforces that?
That would be the problem, there is none. For months our governor resisted a mask mandate hoping people would to the right thing. Of course many did not, cases went up so now we have a mask mandate. And yes people went to "hot" areas, came back, didn't quarantine because they weren't sick ... until a few days later. We WERE doing really well until the last couple of weeks. We hit a new high for the day again yesterday. And it is NOT students or businesses, it is ADULTS getting together. We have "risen" above Maine now, we were the lowest in new daily cases/100K, Hawaii was next then Maine. Now Hawaii is the "safest" state.

How sad that next year people will be celebrating more of their dead because of how they celebrated them this year.

That would be the problem, there is none. For months our governor resisted a mask mandate hoping people would to the right thing. Of course many did not, cases went up so now we have a mask mandate. And yes people went to "hot" areas, came back, didn't quarantine because they weren't sick ... until a few days later. We WERE doing really well until the last couple of weeks. We hit a new high for the day again yesterday. And it is NOT students or businesses, it is ADULTS getting together. We have "risen" above Maine now, we were the lowest in new daily cases/100K, Hawaii was next then Maine. Now Hawaii is the "safest" state.
I suspect things will change all over the country after the holidays, even in HI. People are planning to make up for past holidays this time of year and that is scary.

I suspect things will change all over the country after the holidays, even in HI. People are planning to make up for past holidays this time of year and that is scary.
I hope so but I did read an article from a nurse in South Dakota that said a lot of her patients die from covid cursing her out because covid is not real, they must be dying from lung cancer.

Some deny until the bitter end

Back
Top Bottom