The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sunflour, Nov 7, 2015.

1. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Spring Dreaming Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    I haven't actually heard or seen one yet, I might be a bit unnerved, my husband wants a pistol to carry just in case, because he's seen them, now coyotes I've had run ins with.

2. LittleLakePhil

LittleLakePhil True BYC Addict

Sep 25, 2015
    Little lake Michigan
    Scott up here we always want a good southern body...n and a northern motor...the theory is that southern bodies are rust fee and northern motors are better maintained as they wouldn't otherwise run on cold temps....I plan to stuff a newer engine in that old firebird complete with computer and all. I also have a complete body fairly rusty free for it....

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Oldhen don't you need a rifle instead so you don't have to get close to them. I know nothing about guns but the "Rifleman." always used one on TV and I don't think the bad guys were that far away. Maybe he felt a pistol wasn't manly. Man talk, who can figure them out?

1 person likes this.
  4. oldhenlikesdogs

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    Well, that's the story I'm being fed, something about it being easier to draw a pistol as opposed to the rifle or shotgun he has with him. I'm thinking I'm being played though, I think he just wants a good excuse for more firearms, it's the same as me making up stories about how I need more chickens, or dogs.

5. drumstick diva

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Yah but, you can point a chicken at anything and it won't die. Guns are different.

6. oldhenlikesdogs

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    Apparently you haven't met my attack bantam cochin frizzles, they will kill you with cuteness, alas I am a vegetarian living with a hunting carnivore, he's handy for putting anyone out of it's misery though.

7. drumstick diva

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I think killing someone with cuteness is not a capital offense,. though our President may think differently. Now I need to see pictures of such cuteness - please. I promise not to overdose on them.

8. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop

I have one of these men here!! He's convinced he needs more and more!! One for every occasion apparently. He's got six right now, well one is our sons but does he really need 5 :eek:
    Can't use 5 guns at once if you ask me. He even had the cheek to move all my clothes out of the wardrobe to install another gun cabinet. I add that he did this while I was out!! :smack I then pointed out to him "Where do I put all the clothes now?" All I got was a :idunno
    He does not even try to moan about the chickens or the horse any more as I just show him the gun cabinets!!

I agree they have come in handy for dispatching my excess cockerels with one swift shot, I will give him that :D

9. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    We have a few firearms here too, it only seems prudent. I have 2 of my own. My dad taught my bro and me how to shoot when we were young kids. We'd scrounge up old soda cans, go out into the country, toss them into the river and take turns sinking them. Dad taught us how to shoot clay pigeons too, that was a lot of fun. Usually these days my weapon of choice is my Daisy BB gun, it's helpful for keeping stray dogs out of the yard.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member Project Manager

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by