The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

I’m sorry EMC. I know we all have our things though and no one is immune to having the willies about something.
Spiders I can handle. But we have little skinks that love to live in our firewood, and occasionally hitch a ride inside. They move so fast they really freak me out, and the cats love to play with them, and usually knock off their tails which continue to wriggle for ages. 😱 Nope - can't handle that!

Hi Sue :frow YES! Very creepy! We have camel spiders... those are the creepiest :eek:
I had to look those up too - they are freaky. They look like alien weta - definitely scary looking.

You guys might have to look up what a weta is. They are related to crickets, but our native giant weta are amazing. Weta means "god of ugly things" in Maori, but I think they are cool creatures, and our native ones are very docile, whereas there's a species from Africa that has ended up being introduced here and those ones you have to watch because they will bite you.

Friends, I need prayers for my friend Ken - he's my 'second best friend of all' - the Princess being the first. He's been dealing with an undiagnosed health issue for several months. He has just gotten a presumptive diagnosis of ALS. :( I can think of little more terrifying. My heart hurts.
Your friend will be in my thoughts Sour. What a terrifying prognosis :hugs

Spiders I can handle. But we have little skinks that love to live in our firewood, and occasionally hitch a ride inside. They move so fast they really freak me out, and the cats love to play with them, and usually knock off their tails which continue to wriggle for ages. 😱 Nope - can't handle that!

I had to look those up too - they are freaky. They look like alien weta - definitely scary looking.

You guys might have to look up what a weta is. They are related to crickets, but our native giant weta are amazing. Weta means "god of ugly things" in Maori, but I think they are cool creatures, and our native ones are very docile, whereas there's a species from Africa that has ended up being introduced here and those ones you have to watch because they will bite you.
A giant biting cricket?
No... no. I'll keep the camel spiders 😱

Thanks, We've been texting for the last bit as he has problems speaking, and I have problems hearing. My reply to the news was a one word expletive. Tomorrow, I have to text him, and am at a loss as to what to say.
I know what you mean - at times like this words don't seem like enough. I'd just remind him that you will be there for him in any way that you might be needed. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom