The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Morning to you! What's up with you today, are you all better?

We got our first breath of cool weather here today. I can't say cold because people laugh at me when I say 60* is chilly (but it is, really!). Funny, I let the chickens out to do their morning run around the garden play time, they stayed just long enough to eat a treat and then headed back into the run. They didn't want to stay outside because of the breeze. Chickeny chickens.

Those southern chickens
lau.gif

Slow day on here today, my snow is melting and turning to mud, no sledding today.

Sledding was always fun when I lived in KS. Always wore you out and made you ready for hot chocolate!

Those southern chickens
lau.gif

I know! I couldn't believe they were like that, silly girls. Usually they resist going back in without some treat persuasion but not this morning. Big sissies, lol.

I should mail you all my bantam chickens, everyone but the young ones have been staying in the coop all day since it turned cooler two weeks ago, I'm going to start shagging them outside, it's too soon to be staying inside all day, save that for January through March.

I should mail you all my bantam chickens, everyone but the young ones have been staying in the coop all day since it turned cooler two weeks ago, I'm going to start shagging them outside, it's too soon to be staying inside all day, save that for January through March.

They should come on down here, they would think they were on a winter vacation. And maybe show my sissy chickens that "real" chickens don't mind 60*.
big_smile.png

These kids are big babies too, but 60's, they got that, but they don't like snow on their little toes.

Last edited:
Note to self: When leaving the hot tub and hurrying to get into the nice warm house when it's 18 degrees outside, use a towel to grab the door handle.
Reminds me of when I was a kid and one of the 'big kids' talked another kid into licking the sled runner. I'll never forget.
ep.gif

Back
Top Bottom