The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

I know what you mean - we replaced ALL our windows last year - they are quite dirty, but no haze in between those double panes
wink.png

Exploded a just laid egg today in the microwave - it had..a little more than acceptable poop on it today..so washed it, cracked it into a pyrex measuring cup and popped it into the microwave...Sounded like an early 4th firecracker...
lau.gif
Forgot to at least prick or scramble it....There was egg all inside the appliance, even on the ceiling. Guess that's a Senior Moment?

Did you ever hear about the time I exploded a spaghetti squash in the microwave? I poked a few holes in a whole one before I put it in, but apparently that wasn't enough. It was making a hissing sound, and my husband joked, "it's gonna blow!" Less than a minute later, it did; there was a terrific bang that blew the door open. The emptied-out shell wound up on the kitchen floor, and there was damp yellow silly string everywhere, and I mean everywhere. I was finding stray strands in out-of-the-way places for days.

My family won't let me live it down. Every so often I get asked what I'm blowing up for dinner, especially when I bring home a spaghetti squash.

Did you ever hear about the time I exploded a spaghetti squash in the microwave? I poked a few holes in a whole one before I put it in, but apparently that wasn't enough. It was making a hissing sound, and my husband joked, "it's gonna blow!" Less than a minute later, it did; there was a terrific bang that blew the door open. The emptied-out shell wound up on the kitchen floor, and there was damp yellow silly string everywhere, and I mean everywhere. I was finding stray strands in out-of-the-way places for days.

My family won't let me live it down. Every so often I get asked what I'm blowing up for dinner, especially when I bring home a spaghetti squash.

LOL!! I hope you don't mind but I saw Explode and cooking and had to check in
big_smile.png
I managed to explode my sons 9th b-day cake. It was a rectangle cake all done and pretty in a glass pyrex pan....well I was also cooking his birthday dinner and apparently left the stove burner on very low....but it managed to heat up that pan, cake and all and BOOM...pan and cake all over the kitchen
ep.gif
right in the middle of dinner! Unfortunately it was all documented on camera and I too can not live this down when I decide to bake
idunno.gif

Good morning everyone. Happy 4th July to you all (Kim - you can celebrate having a bit of sunshine this morning too) :)

Enjoyed reading all the cooking disaster stories, lol. Glad I'm not the only one that has had those.

The worst one was when my dad got seriously sick after eating dinner at my house. Turns out he was having an episode of diverticulitis and it wasn't my cooking that sent him to the hospital but from then on everyone referred to that particular dish as Killer Beef Stew.

Had a great day at work yesterday. While the 21 yr old handled things inside the pro shop, I rode a cart around the course cleaning the old wooden signs that mark each hole. The day was sunny with a breeze and the antelope (including their little ones) were all around. Ah, peace and quiet! In the afternoon we weren't busy so DH took me out to play a few holes...I stink at it but am learning a lot and it was fun.

Managed to get an ok picture of our two kittens (Bam Bam is the gray and Pip is the black & white).

Good Morning Gang and Happy 4th.
It's sunny here as well, but with highs of 100 will just stay in today....'cause I don't have to work today
ya.gif

@Bunnylady - your spaghetti squash bomb = Cherry Bomb. My egg blow up = tiny Sparkler.
wink.png
. I used to have a habit of spilling anything red - and having to "wear" it - ketchup, salsa, tomato sauces.

I learned to more careful went cooking with tomatoes - used a blender to pulverize a can of tomatoes - a really big can - picked up the blender to pour it in a pot and had not screwed the bottom on the blender
ep.gif
. Yep - tomato puree slopped all over me and the kitchen
lau.gif

@N F C - Glad things are a little quieter for you , at least for now. Bet your golf skills will blossom soon. When I was learning the game and had to use a driver even on short par 3's - I hit the ground about a foot behind the ball, topped it but it rolled amazingly far. Couldn't see the green and grumbled the whole way to the putting green.....And It was in the Hole!! My first hole in one with a crappy shot and only DH for a witness..
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom