The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Howdy Folks!

Sorry, I have not caught up on everyone’s news but just dropped in to say that all is OK, just really busy at the moment.

13 Sleeps to go before I fly out to our new home and am reunited with Hubby, puddy cats and chookens .. can’t wait! So much happening at the moment though, lots of packing, cleaning, final details etc.

I will be back in a couple of weeks when things have settled down a little. I miss you all!

:hugs

He was transferred to a rehab hospital yesterday. Seems to be adjusting OK, I'll go see him after I finish work.
I missed this somewhere, hope this is not a permanent problem.

Howdy Folks!

Sorry, I have not caught up on everyone’s news but just dropped in to say that all is OK, just really busy at the moment.

13 Sleeps to go before I fly out to our new home and am reunited with Hubby, puddy cats and chookens .. can’t wait! So much happening at the moment though, lots of packing, cleaning, final details etc.

I will be back in a couple of weeks when things have settled down a little. I miss you all!

:hugs
We'll be here when you get settled in, hope your move goes well. I know this has been a long "haul" and you're almost there :)

Had a surprise visit today. My oldest sister just returned from Florida, and my favorite nephew brought her over to visit. I haven't seen her since Christmas. She and my BIL were very good to me when I was a kid. :love

That's so nice that you still have your Big Sis around :)

For those dining out, please don't be this guy (or woman)...

Can I have another drink
More napkins please
Can I have an extra plate
Can I have a side of ranch dressing
Oh me too, more ranch please
How about another (fill in the blank)

All separate requests in the space of about 10 minutes so you can only run back & forth from that table to the kitchen. Please don't be them.

This has been a public service announcement on behalf of anyone waiting on tables.

P.S. And btw, cornbread should not be given to anyone under the age of 2. They turn it into confetti and throw it every where but their mouths.

@ NFC, back in the poverty days (yes we had them) the Princess worked in a restaurant in our small town. It was across from the court house, and many lawyers ate lunch there. One day a guy asked for thousand island salad dressing - a dressing that they did not have, and the Princess explained that to him. He responded, "It's very simple to make, even YOU could probably make it." She went back to the kitchen and came back with gallon jars of mayonnaise, ketchup, pickles and oil and said, "Let's see if you are able to make it." He complained, the owner's wife fired her on the spot, on the way out the owner asked, "Where are you going?" She replied, "Your wife just fired me." After an explanation he kicked the lawyer out and increased the Princess's base pay. Oh yeah, he was a friend of mine. We are always especially courteous to wait staff. First off it's just plain old intelligent to be nice to the folks handling your food, and it can be a thankless job.

Ever see the video of the guy complaining to the bartender about his drink ? As the bartender made the replacement drink with his back to the bar you can see him unzipping his fly and using something to stir the drink. :eek:

Oh Sour, you made me cringe! Yes, it pays to be polite and courteous to those handling your food and drinks, and it's just good manners anyway!

I remember when I was in hospital after having our daughter and the lady came round to refill my water jug. I said "thank you" to her and she looked positively shocked and disappeared behind the curtain! I felt awful that she must feel so invisible.

FridayYet, I'm sorry about your Dad. :hugs How's he coping so far? That must've been a huge shock for all of you.

Back
Top Bottom