The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

IMG_6037.JPG IMG_6038.JPG IMG_6572.JPG IMG_6576.JPG
Glad you got the coon - if you could see what they do to our flocks, you will have no remorse.

The only problem with feral cats is they multiply :barnie. We once had a couple and then there were 13 :hmm. If you plan to keep them around, you may have to trap them and get them "fixed" ;)

Hope you have a great day.

I'm off for the next three days :ya. Gonna get some peas and butter beans to put in my freezer today. Other than that....absolutely no plans, except continued flock integration work - DH is doing it so well, I can just visit them when I can and otherwise "watch" his progress :)
I hope we get another one tonight. Sounds like they are bad in our area. I hope we don't end up with too many more cats, no way hubby would let me get them all fixed. Our cats in the house are fixed. That's fabulous that you have 3 days off...kinda makes a person giddy!! Do you have a garden or did you buy the peas and butter beans. I finished the dresser I stripped...glad i don't do it for a living.

Last edited:
DMC, the bride's dress is gorgeous! Love that they served tacos - yum! I feel so sorry for feral cats even if they can become such a pest. It's not their fault someone was irresponsible and didn't look after them (or their parents/grandparents etc etc). They all look like gorgeous cats.

Debby, I hope you made the most of your evening off and put your feet up! Your golf course looks very beautiful.

Sunflour - enjoy your days off!

It's cold here and still rainy. I've got to be so careful outside as it's so boggy and slippery. My well worn tracks through the grass are extra muddy now! I'm so glad I have this cheap incubator for my Java chicks. There's no way I could keep them warm enough under a heat lamp.

Hi everyone!

DMC, tacos for a wedding sound like fun. I remember the 1st wedding I went to where they served BBQ...funny to see the bride in all her white finery chowing down on ribs.

J, be careful sloshing through all the mud. Is this much rain normal for where you are? Seems like you've had a lot.

Sunflour, enjoy those 3 days off! Doing nothing sounds like a great idea :D How are you liking the Wellies? I'm enjoying my 2 quite a bit (while the Legbars are total goofs).

Yesterday the company head guy had a department meeting at our restaurant. The 17 yr-old and I did all the cooking...whew, talk about jitters. But it all went well and people were happy with their lunch.

Need to get going, time to start a new day. Hope you all have a great one!

Days without plans are good every now and then.

I know what you mean, that's why I may never retire - personally I value time off because I don't have a lot of it. Guess it's a quirky thing, but I've been that way since I was a teenager. :hmm

Do you have a garden or did you buy the peas and butter beans. I finished the dresser I stripped...glad i don't do it for a living.

We have a garden, but I no longer grow butter beans or peas - they are a pain to pick and shell, so I just buy them from the local farmers - they are clean and ready to blanche:)

I love the dresser - good job.

There's no way I could keep them warm enough under a heat lamp.

JaeG - you really love those babies, good luck with these. Hope your rain lets up - We've had a lot of frequent rain here, but hot/humid and now only scattered afternoon T-storms.

How are you liking the Wellies? I'm enjoying my 2 quite a bit (while the Legbars are total goofs).

I love the Wellies - they are rambunctious gals. Honestly a lot braver and acrobatic than I would have expected. They are gorgeous - love their green eyes, hope those stay that color. DH is handling almost all supervised visitations with the 2 elders. Road Runner is quite gracious as long as the littles don't get too close. Lillie is still somewhat irritable, but not so bad. We are planning to add more outdoor semi-protected run so it will help with the task. They do train easy - they will come to me with or without treats when I call " Chick, Chick, Chick" - my first flock weren't so easy to "herd".

Hope all the chicks are doing well. Too bad when they mature that they don't "nurture" you for a change.:lau

Gee, that's why I decided to have only non-human children :cool:

Back
Top Bottom