The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Is that your cat or a visitor?

I'm no expert, but doubt you'll trap a fox.
That is a ferrel cat but my Spuds is her twin. I assume they came from the same litter as Spuds is the kitten we found last fall in our grove. Our indoor cats don't go outside except on our back deck which neither have jumped off as it's about 15 feet off the ground. That live trap is for coons. I know we won't get lucky enough to get a fox in it. They will have to be right time right place:barnie
IMG_6993.JPG

View attachment 1088860 View attachment 1088861
So cute and love your red hair!

Thanks Debby! I just let the girls out now cuz they were going stir crazy so I'm sitting in the swing by the coop to keep watch. Another attack will come. Trail cam caught a fox right out front of the coop at some point after we locked them up last night. Caught a cat in the trap this morning as we didn't get a coon so it didn't trip. Pretty sure she won't go in there again! Have you hired your new person yet? When is your son coming?

Lol, had to do a double-take with the photos! Poor kitty, bet she was glad to get out of there.

The new person started yesterday and did very well for the 1st day. Here's hoping she sticks around :fl

I think my son comes to WY this week, we haven't been able to connect on the phone to really talk. He's going to see my mother & nephew in Cheyenne for a few days then come here.

Spuds is her twin

I thought it might be Spuds :) Glad to know the house cats are house cats.

Here are my two little ones

Cuties.

he new person started yesterday and did very well for the 1st day. Here's hoping she sticks around :fl

I think my son comes to WY this week, we haven't been able to connect on the phone to really talk. He's going to see my mother & nephew in Cheyenne for a few days then come here.

Hope the newbie works out. Likely your son will let you know which day, I know you are looking forward to his visit.

Lol, had to do a double-take with the photos! Poor kitty, bet she was glad to get out of there.

The new person started yesterday and did very well for the 1st day. Here's hoping she sticks around :fl

She shot out like a rocket:lol:Awesome on the new hire!

It's raining again, but it's not supposed to stick around for long. Then we are in for a chilly few days. My Button quail outside has been on 6 eggs. I checked them today and only one is still alive. It's supposed to hatch around 1st August so I hope it makes it. I'm not sure Miss Pinkie is going to have any luck with her eggs either. Crazy birds!

We have 3 Button quail inside. When our pair came to live with us the female started nesting and laying eggs in week later. She incubated them well but when they pipped she got off and didn't get back on! So I hatched them inside under a heat lamp (which was fun)! 5 chicks survived but one female must've thrown out her leg joint at the hip at a few days old so her leg sticks out to the side. She lives with her brother and sister in an indoor cage. I didn't think they'd ever brood their eggs as they weren't raised by their parents. Apparently quail lose that ability really fast. But our little disabled girl, Waddles, is now proudly sitting on 9 eggs! They are due to hatch on my DD's birthday, so fingers crossed. I've had to take out her brother and sister as she was chasing her sister, then he kept yelling for the one I removed!

And my useless Java mother has a stash of 7 eggs! I saw her sneak into a nestbox yesterday and went to remove it today only to find all those eggs. I've given Valentine and Luvy a nestbox so I'll see if I can convince them to build a nest and sit on eggs.

It's raining again, but it's not supposed to stick around for long. Then we are in for a chilly few days. My Button quail outside has been on 6 eggs. I checked them today and only one is still alive. It's supposed to hatch around 1st August so I hope it makes it. I'm not sure Miss Pinkie is going to have any luck with her eggs either. Crazy birds!

We have 3 Button quail inside. When our pair came to live with us the female started nesting and laying eggs in week later. She incubated them well but when they pipped she got off and didn't get back on! So I hatched them inside under a heat lamp (which was fun)! 5 chicks survived but one female must've thrown out her leg joint at the hip at a few days old so her leg sticks out to the side. She lives with her brother and sister in an indoor cage. I didn't think they'd ever brood their eggs as they weren't raised by their parents. Apparently quail lose that ability really fast. But our little disabled girl, Waddles, is now proudly sitting on 9 eggs! They are due to hatch on my DD's birthday, so fingers crossed. I've had to take out her brother and sister as she was chasing her sister, then he kept yelling for the one I removed!

And my useless Java mother has a stash of 7 eggs! I saw her sneak into a nestbox yesterday and went to remove it today only to find all those eggs. I've given Valentine and Luvy a nestbox so I'll see if I can convince them to build a nest and sit on eggs.
We'll take some of that rain here!!
Well I wasn't going to let my girls out of the coop due to the fox attack but it's been so hot and humid I let them out for a couple hours last night and a couple tonight and lost another of my younger layers. I was outside so many times and the guys were out and that son of a gun still got one. I will have to put a fan in the coop as they just can't free range anymore. Hubby will have to use the air compressor on it on a regular basis for the dust. I'm pretty sure I was outside when it happened as I heard them start fussing but didn't see anything when I walked their direction...I didn't look the right direction apparently. I know they have to eat too but not my girls:mad:

We'll take some of that rain here!!
Well I wasn't going to let my girls out of the coop due to the fox attack but it's been so hot and humid I let them out for a couple hours last night and a couple tonight and lost another of my younger layers. I was outside so many times and the guys were out and that son of a gun still got one. I will have to put a fan in the coop as they just can't free range anymore. Hubby will have to use the air compressor on it on a regular basis for the dust. I'm pretty sure I was outside when it happened as I heard them start fussing but didn't see anything when I walked their direction...I didn't look the right direction apparently. I know they have to eat too but not my girls:mad:

Oh no! I was wondering how you were going with your darn predators. Have you had any luck catching anymore?

I wish I could give you some rain. In every footstep in the mud is a puddle, and there's even algae growing in some places, the mud is that constantly wet!

Back
Top Bottom