The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

I can knit but only make scarves because pearling is harder and following a pattern is a pain. I would rather just quilt.

I like to just do knit stitch for scarves. They are quick and useful. I also do kitchen wash cloths using a " granny Pattern" - it's a great waiting room past-time.

We used to have a pet grey squirrel. She was afraid of trees!:lau :gig

I watched a student here feeding a squirrel. She was holding food for it in her hand trying to get it to come closer. It worked to! The squirrel jumped at her face and scared her so much she jumped backwards.

I saw a report on squirrels attacking seniors at at retirement home, evidently the squirrels were used to being fed and when someone had nothing to offer they bit them.:oops:...I did have a baby squirrel when I was a child, rescued in a hurricane...we turned him/her loose in a park when it was grown. We have too many around here, they even eat my outdoors Christmas light bulbs :mad:

:gig

i am wearing t shirt and shorts! Late November?!

I don't wear shorts anymore, but it has to be 90 F or above for me to reconsider :idunno

Good Morning Friends :hugs

DMC your kitty pics are adorable! :love

No Christmas tree for us because of the cats who I know for sure would just destroy it.

Thank you Capricorn .. yep, had a wonderful time but, as always, good to be home.

I have been tossing up whether to share a progress pic of my latest cross stitch but as we were [late to the party, as always] talking crafts; here goes ….

This one has been in the making for the past 3 months, working on it most evenings for a couple of hours:

View attachment 1197994

Some previous efforts which I have kept, others I have given to friends and family.

View attachment 1197995

View attachment 1197998

Lovely, I used to love X-stitch til I needed readers and didn't know that was the problem:idunno.

Lovely, I used to love X-stitch til I needed readers and didn't know that was the problem:idunno.

Thank you :)

I have found that the glasses I use for the cross stitch now have to be a bit stronger magnification than my usual glasses for working on the computer etc.

Froggy is the first time I have worked on a black background and I am thinking probably the last. Trying to see the dark brown cotton from the branch on a black background is a little frustrating :rolleyes:

Evening everyone,
Teila those are beautiful :love
I used to have a crazy cat we called the Old Man. He would climb the Christmas tree (which I always had cross tied to the wall) all the way to the top and then never failed to fall out of the tree and always landed flat on his back! He would lay there a moment, get up, stair at the tree and begin to scream at it!!!:lau He would sometimes get so mad he would begin to jump up and down! It was hilarious and our laughing only seemed to make him angrier which would make us laugh harder of course. And before you ask, no he was not declawed, just an uncoordinated idiot.

My Sycamore tree still has 95% of it's leaves on it :( . Gutter guys coming Friday but, at least they can clear all the maple leaves and garbage from them. I don't have a maple tree but everyone else does :smack
My tree in the front(barren cherry) has lost most of it's fruit and trees. Now the neighbors tree is starting to lose leaves. I get to rake up leaves for months!

My tree in the front(barren cherry) has lost most of it's fruit and trees. Now the neighbors tree is starting to lose leaves. I get to rake up leaves for months!
Yeah, um we have 13 acres of leaves! Husband mowed his paths to get rid of leaves and small trees growing up.

3 months after we moved into our first apartment, Mike the cat showed up on our doorstep. I opened the door, he came inside, and said, "My house." Along comes Christmas and we are sitting in our little living room looking at the tree, and Mike launches himself from the floor up into the tree - :th goes the tree. One day he just walked out the door and never came back.
:love
Great cat!
A house guest that knew when to leave

Here is my latest sign, almost done.
20171128_190737.jpg

Back
Top Bottom