The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Home again! Nice to have a short day to start with because they'll get longer from here on out.

@JaeG glad that wind didn't mess you up. For a second I thought maybe you'd moved to WY over the night :p

@CapricornFarm pretty flowers!

@Jetblack2004 hello, nice to have you join us! It's been good to see you doing the "greet new member" thing too :)

@DigMyChicks hopefully you're home and done that the "bad" job now.
Hey Debby! It's great to be here! Yes, I love to see so many new members join the community. It's so nice to have them here!

Is it just me or has the number of new members per day jumped considerably?

DMC Congrats on the bonus which I am sure you earned.

Michelle sounds like things are progressing smoothly, good stuff!

OMG! Those pancakes are huge! I have never seen anything like them! Not sure our kitchen is big enough to cook those in ;)

I also used to be able to eat a big meal but now, not so much but mine might be more about what is being served than actual physical ability to finish it all :p
I think it must have. It wasn't too hard to greet every member before, but now I can hardly keep up :th

Good morning everyone :frow

@Michelle Farmer-Brown sounds like things are moving right along with getting both houses straightened out. I'm looking forward to seeing the work you guys do to the one you're moving! OMG...those pancakes, I think that gave me heartburn just looking at the photos :lol:

@007Sean I'm in the same "greet as many as I can" boat. Too many of them, not enough time for me.

@Teila Speaking of new members, what happened to all the greeters? There for a while, it seemed 1/2 the BYC population was saying "welcome". Now it's just a few of us :confused: It was fun to see your old coop photos, you certainly have made a difference with the yard!

@DigMyChicks glad you got a bonus, I know you earned it! Love the picture of Hattie:love

Time for more coffee!
coffee chant.jpg

(Speaking for myself, of course :D)

Good morning everyone :frow

@Michelle Farmer-Brown sounds like things are moving right along with getting both houses straightened out. I'm looking forward to seeing the work you guys do to the one you're moving! OMG...those pancakes, I think that gave me heartburn just looking at the photos :lol:

@007Sean I'm in the same "greet as many as I can" boat. Too many of them, not enough time for me.

@Teila Speaking of new members, what happened to all the greeters? There for a while, it seemed 1/2 the BYC population was saying "welcome". Now it's just a few of us :confused: It was fun to see your old coop photos, you certainly have made a difference with the yard!

@DigMyChicks glad you got a bonus, I know you earned it! Love the picture of Hattie:love

Time for more coffee!
View attachment 1334047

(Speaking for myself, of course :D)
My heart doesn't even start beating till I have coffee!:gig

When the kids were little I could eat 2 Whoppers (back when they really WERE Whoppers), a large order of onion rings, a chocolate shake and a Coke - in one sitting - then finish off what little bits the kids got too full to eat. You know, “Too little to save, too much to dump. That’s what makes a housewife plump.” I weighed 120 pounds.

Now if we stop at BK after our 50 mile drive to Cody, I can eat maybe half a Whopper Junior with just lettuce, tomato and mayo and eat a couple of Ken’s fries and I’m stuffed. I can’t eat but once a day, so that “meal” holds me until late afternoon the next day. I weigh in the neighborhood of 155 pounds. <sigh> The gastro doc was a little concerned about that constant full feeling without weight loss, so a tummy tumor was one of the things they were going to look for during the endoscopy, although that’s certainly not a definitive diagnostic test. So I guess it’s just getting old changing my metabolism. I know I couldn’t sit down to 6 Der Weinerschnitzle chili dogs, large fries and a large chocolate shake now! :sick
Those were the days eh?

I hope they figure out what's up with the stomach for you. Food is such a wonderful (and necessary) part of life. It's a shame not to be able to enjoy it!

Yep,done!! $25 bonus cuz it was extra messy:th
At least they recognize it!! Some would say "$X to clean the place no matter what it looks like".

Went to eat a late lunch today.
I ordered pancakes. The waitress came back to the table and asked if I was sure I wanted all 3 . We'll yeah! 3 pancakes are rarely enough for me.

Then, she brought out the first 2....

View attachment 1333640

Only made it through two thirds though
They were right to ask if you wanted only 2!! And I bet you pushed beyond "done" to eat as much as you did, just to see if you could eat it all.

Don't believe I could eat that much even in my glory days
Um, nope me either. 1 of those would be breakfast. Of course there would have to be uncured sausage or bacon to go with it.

OMG! Those pancakes are huge! I have never seen anything like them! Not sure our kitchen is big enough to cook those in ;)
The kitchen is (not that it is big!) and DD1 has a 10" round cast iron skillet that I GUESS would be the right size to cook one of those pancakes but I KNOW I haven't got a spatula big enough to flip it!

Good morning all! Couldn’t resist posting this cute picture of Hattie.
Did she put herself in there?? Hoping for transportation to her breakfast?

Back
Top Bottom