The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Thank you, good idea.

I just need to get adjusted to the new schedule. I normally stay up till like 2 but then I sleep till like 11 or 12. But now I have to be at their house by 11:30 so I set my alarm for 10:30 (though usually hit snooze till 11, they're down the street). But for some reason I have also been waking up at like 8, plus or minus an hour, and going back to sleep so the sleep is broken up instead of 8 straight hours. So I'm exhausted. I guess normally I've always woken up early to pee (I drink too much water before bed ha) but this time I have alarms and deadlines so can't just pass back out till whenever I'm not tired anymore.

Last night I should have just gone to sleep as I was exhausted from all the yard and garden work yesterday.

But I will get there. Just need to turn off the TV and phone.

And obviously 10:30 is nowhere near early and I really should be getting up by 8 or 9 or earlier even but it's a start.

I'm actually thinking of trying to set my alarm EVERY day rather than only the days I have to walk her and getting in a schedule. Because I've been getting sooo much more done from being up earlier.

I might even walk without the dog some days.

Plus I feel like it's not healthy to sleeping or stay up some days and not others?

Thank you, I appreciate the advice
Having a set sleep pattern is highly beneficial to your health. Naps are actually rather unhealthy. I have my alarm set for the same time every day regardless.

Having a set sleep pattern is highly beneficial to your health. Naps are actually rather unhealthy. I have my alarm set for the same time every day regardless.
That is the best advice!

I do set the alarm an hour later on Saturday and Sunday though

It's the first thing they taught me when I went to "bipolar school".
It is one of the things on the what to do for sleep problems lists. It does seem to help. If yo get up at the same time each day, you will get tired at the right time at night.

Melatonin helps too but some say they cannot take it

Why wouldn't it be a good thing? It sounds right up your alley.

I don't know, I guess I just meant like if it would be good/beneficial for the training career. I guess it probably would be cause tons of exposure to dogs and dog behavior?

That's very true. I normally don't nap but I do stay up and sleep in very late and there's no set time or pattern as to when I stay up till.

That is the best advice!

I do set the alarm an hour later on Saturday and Sunday though

What time do you get up?

It's the first thing they taught me when I went to "bipolar school".

Sleep is definitely very important for everyone but especially those with mental illnesses.

I've got really bad anxiety and OCD and somewhat depression but that might just be situational and/or diet. But the depression especially gets really bad if I stay up too late. If I go straight to sleep, I'm fine but if I stay up on my phone and/or past a certain hour then my mind starts wandering and thinking all sorts of stuff. I also find it gets worse when I eat too much sugar and/or too many carbs. So I need to work on sleeping decent hours and eating better. But lately since I've been getting up earlier to walk, I find I spend the whole afternoon outside off my phone and I've felt way better.

It is one of the things on the what to do for sleep problems lists. It does seem to help. If yo get up at the same time each day, you will get tired at the right time at night.

Melatonin helps too but some say they cannot take it

That makes a lot of sense.

Melatonin actually causes insomnia for me.

Yeah, usually same. It never used to but lately it keeps me up. Idk why. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

Just give me an Ambien and watch me sleep...sometimes up to 4 or 5 hours! :lau

Poor Kelsey.....it seems like I'm always scolding you, giving you unwanted advice, or blocking and unblocking you. Maybe if I didn't see so much of me in you.......:idunno

It's okay! I realize now that you're just trying to help and/or prevent certain preventable mistakes and I really do appreciate it! You guys are very wise.

Oi been slow moving and not very motivated today. Been lounging around for a few hours, in bed the last like hour. I think it's cause I barely slept last night and of all nights, last night was the night I needed it most cause I walked and did all that physical garden work. I want to nap but I won't. Just planning on going to sleep earlier tonight. Tomorrow I'm sleeping over DB+FSIL house to watch Libby.

I am going to get off my bum and go outside to get some stuff done lol

Good morning friends :hugs

Bit chilly this morning .. chookens were late getting up, had breakfast and went back to bed!

Cats, got off the bed, had breakfast and went back to bed!

I got up, fed the chookens and cats and went to work! Something not right there ;) :p

I enjoyed reading everyone’s work start and leaving the nest stories!

Other than that, I got nuff’n! :idunno

Back
Top Bottom