The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good morning. I'm here in town, just taking in all the changes, events, and foibles you are all involved in. I can't keep up, and when I try to be efficient and do the multi-quote thing for responses I get all mixed up and confuse myself.

Hello Blooie
well hello Blooie
It's so nice to have you
back where you belong!

You all will just have to imagine the singing part...that's easier on the ears than the real thing :lol:

NFC, I thought I'd swing by and show you the pigeons, after your comment on the Cute Baby Fowl thread :D
Mom & Dad (Bonnie & Clyde) share incubation and parenting duties. Male pigeons usually sit on the eggs during the day, females do evenings and overnights. 2 eggs is normal for them, although sometimes they will only lay 1, or sometimes 3. Anyway, both of Bonnie's eggs hatched December 2nd/3rd, but one died at around 5 days old. It supposedly is common in pigeons, one squab will sometimes hog the feed. Mom and Dad feed them for the first couple of weeks. They grow super fast, but don't move around a whole lot at first. I'm still learning about them as I go, but loving it!

Parents - Clyde has more blue on his chest.
Bonnie left-Clyde right
They are Satinettes - the variety of pigeons.
There are 100's of varieties.
IMG_8579.JPG
IMG_8584.JPG

Dec 5th, both babies just a few days old
IMG_0034.JPG

Bonnie with Bugsy
IMG_0184.JPG

IMG_0189.JPG
IMG_0208.JPG

Back
Top Bottom