The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good morning everyone. Welcome home Debby. Did you see "1917"?

Yes we did Sour. I can't say it was the very best movie ever, but we thought it was pretty good.

That night we watched another movie at the house (DVD) and it was really good. It was The Revenant with DiCapprio in it...it was loosely based about a guide back in the 1820's who was attacked by a grizzly.

Hey Bob :frow

Hope you have a good day! If you're interested, I have an Italian sausage recipe that we like. Don't know if it's different from the one you've used or not. I'll dig it out later and post if you want to see it.
:frow I'd love it
Good morning :frow
:frow Have a great day and try to stay warm Michelle

The one and only time I went into Mexico it was through Brownsville and into Matamoros. You're spot on with the unfriendly, not very clean town. And all the street kids, wow, never seen so much begging.

But it was funny, my roommate and I ran into some other people (ones we didn't know) from our own town down there and we had a good time together at a local establishment :) The downside was going back to Brownsville in the dark and trying to remember where we had parked the car. That part was a bit scary, there were a lot of people hanging out on porches and the street and they seemed to think it was funny yelling in Spanish and throwing beer cans at us.
Yep, after dark is not a good time to be out on either side of the border.
We were on a balcony of a bar, throwing nickles, dimes or quarters into the street and watching the urchins scramble in front of the traffic to get their reward! :lau :oops:

Yeah, probably going to catch flack for saying this but Matamoros is not a very friendly nor clean border town. Did like the fact that the liquor store was just across the bridge though! :lau the street urchins are a bit much there also.
funny, thats what i was thinking but didn't want to offend anyone, don't care to go back even tho we used to have friends there

Back
Top Bottom