The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

The one and only time I went into Mexico it was through Brownsville and into Matamoros. You're spot on with the unfriendly, not very clean town. And all the street kids, wow, never seen so much begging.

But it was funny, my roommate and I ran into some other people (ones we didn't know) from our own town down there and we had a good time together at a local establishment :) The downside was going back to Brownsville in the dark and trying to remember where we had parked the car. That part was a bit scary, there were a lot of people hanging out on porches and the street and they seemed to think it was funny yelling in Spanish and throwing beer cans at us.
we only went over during the daytime and with the friend in his car, don't know if ernie is still in brownsville or not he was born in mexico and raised in brownsville, he said he was spanish, his momma said she was mexican,:lau she was a hoot and also a good cook

Getting a cab put on my tractor. They're supposed to be picking it up this morning. There is supposed to be a block heater, so they're going to install it no charge.

Of course they wait until today to pick it up. It's warm enough for me to get it started & about 5" of snow fell overnight with another 6" expected. :th

There's still some winter left Michelle, that block heater could still come in handy. Glad your day is going to be a bit warmer!

Good morning everyone!

We got home late yesterday from our trip to Casper, but it was a good trip and we got a lot done. We got the floor tile & ceiling material and vanities bought for the bathrooms. Also got the exterior doors, front & back. We did go see "1917" and thought it was pretty good.

I also did my appointment with the Orthopedic place and they made a cast for a splint thingie for my foot. That will be ready in about 2 weeks. Interesting place...the guy that worked with me told me how they use 3-D technology to make helmets for babies who had skull issues.

Time to go check in on all the chatter I've miss the past couple of days, be back later! Have a good morning everyone!
Glad you made it back and got a lot done!

I'm like Elaine from Seinfeld I didn't like The English Patient. I wonder if you're going to join me in the ranks on this movie.

I actually liked "The English Patient". I think that I found parts confusing though ?

Yep, after dark is not a good time to be out on either side of the border.
We were on a balcony of a bar, throwing nickles, dimes or quarters into the street and watching the urchins scramble in front of the traffic to get their reward! :lau :oops:

Now that's just sick, but sure made me laugh.

Is it okay that I brought a cup of coffee here from the Cafe ? Gnats keep getting in my cup over there. Sure hope they clear out.

I actually liked "The English Patient". I think that I found parts confusing though ?

Now that's just sick, but sure made me laugh.

Is it okay that I brought a cup of coffee here from the Cafe ? Gnats keep getting in my cup over there. Sure hope they clear out.

I drink a lot of coffee over on this thread too Sour...it's a gnat free zone :lol:

Back
Top Bottom