The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Sorry. My mind equates anything that's not cane sugar or honey as artificial. I know that's not exactly accurate, but I'm an old person & my mind is set in its ways I guess. :oops::lau

Anybody else craving soda now?
No, I drink a couple cans a year and that’s enough
Hi everyone, I'm home!

And (drum roll please), I even took a few pictures to share:

Front exterior door (obviously not installed yet)

View attachment 2031482

Partial view of the kitchen (pardon the mess and the missing trim)

View attachment 2031483

Bathroom floor tile (also obviously not installed, but it will be!)

View attachment 2031485

Now I have to go back several pages and see what you all have been up to!
Very nice!!

I just turned 50. I need to start practicing my high kick.
Um, nope, not as old as me. I didn't practice my high kick at 50, must be why I can't do it now. Actually, I'd probably fall over if I tried.

Now I have to go back several pages and see what you all have been up to!
Nothing to see here, move along ;)

Of course, that would mean other jobs.
Not that you, personally, would mind a different job than the one you've had the last few years.

I would kill for that kitchen, @N F C! can I pass on a little hint, in case you fo move in and live there? I have a similar stove. Cleaning that control panel can be a wooly-booger! If I press a little too hard, I end up activating one of the features. We had to pull it out, unplug it, clean it, plug it back in and then push it back. Hard on floors and backs. So the last time we cleaned it I put a piece of good old Press ‘n’ Seal over it. it worked!! The panel doesn’t get hot, and it’s not covering the oven vent under the control panel. So if I’m cooking something that spatters grease, I can just strip off the covering and put a new piece on. The current piece has been on there for about 3 weeks now! If I’m using the back burners for simmering soups or using the Rapid Boil burner, then I take the Press n Seal off. That’s a little close to the flame. But I usually only use the front two burners anyway...always have...so that hasn't really been an issue. Cleaning that darned panel can be an issue though, and I don’t want to have to do it again!

5F45D109-FAC1-4974-803C-552549CDE177.jpeg

I would kill for that kitchen, @N F C! can I pass on a little hint, in case you fo move in and live there? I have a similar stove. Cleaning that control panel can be a wooly-booger! If I press a little too hard, I end up activating one of the features. We had to pull it out, unplug it, clean it, plug it back in and then push it back. Hard on floors and backs. So the last time we cleaned it I put a piece of good old Press ‘n’ Seal over it. it worked!! The panel doesn’t get hot, and it’s not covering the oven vent under the control panel. So if I’m cooking something that spatters grease, I can just strip off the covering and put a new piece on. The current piece has been on there for about 3 weeks now! If I’m using the back burners for simmering soups or using the Rapid Boil burner, then I take the Press n Seal off. That’s a little close to the flame. But I usually only use the front two burners anyway...always have...so that hasn't really been an issue. Cleaning that darned panel can be an issue though, and I don’t want to have to do it again!

View attachment 2031881

Good tip on the Press n' Seal! If we do end up living there I'll remember. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom