The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

You are way ahead of me, mine are just up out of the dirt.
yeah, i started a few as soon as husband put my little greenhouse up in jan, some tiny tims and some patio yellows, and a couple that i had bought the tomatoes last year at the auction, kept seeds and wanted to see if they were good and would breed true, the little tomatoes are much larger that the two auction ones but will take them back to pa and put into the garden for earlier tomatoes, my carrots are about an inch high, planted in a old refrigerator that was used for fishing worms i do have some peppers started also and a few other new things i wanted to try

Hi everybody!

I'm weeks behind, so I thought that I'd just jump to the end of the line.

I've been busy knitting up a storm to send some gifts to Sumi. Sadly, I've been neglecting everything else as a result, including BYC. :oops:

The weather here has been amazing for weeks now. Zero° or above almost every day!

I hope that everyone is doing well.
hey fd :frow

Promise me you'll drink tons & tons of water today. He's released a lot of built up toxins in you & its important to flush them out.

Hi Roomy, how are you doing?

I've been going on and off since I was about 10, due to headaches. The muscles knot up in my back so often it's pulled my spine out of alignment. I only found out that part a couple years ago. Not a big deal, really, just means I have to get things popped back into place more often :p Back is much better today!

I suppose 30's is a nice change of pace! How much snow do you have on the ground? That picture you shared looked sooo darn cold.

Wow, I didn't know kitted up muscles would do that! So going to the Chiro regularly helps keep the headaches away? Glad your back is better today.

It's hard to tell how much snow on the ground we have...in some places we have very little and in others it's about 2+ feet deep. And there's a solid layer of ice under everything. Gotta watch my step out there.

yeah, i started a few as soon as husband put my little greenhouse up in jan, some tiny tims and some patio yellows, and a couple that i had bought the tomatoes last year at the auction, kept seeds and wanted to see if they were good and would breed true, the little tomatoes are much larger that the two auction ones but will take them back to pa and put into the garden for earlier tomatoes, my carrots are about an inch high, planted in a old refrigerator that was used for fishing worms i do have some peppers started also and a few other new things i wanted to try

You have the best luck starting plants from seeds of anyone I know Sharron! What a green thumb!

Hi Roomy, how are you doing?

It's hard to tell how much snow on the ground we have...in some places we have very little and in others it's about 2+ feet deep. And there's a solid layer of ice under everything. Gotta watch my step out there.

Hi Debby! :frow

My dad always used to say that their house in Oregon could see all four seasons in the same day & whatever weather was in the front yard was not always the same as in the back yard. :lau

Would you believe we got a whole 0.5mm (not sure what that equates to in inches) of rain.
Not much! .2" but if you need rain it is better than nothing!

She disappeared again and I managed to follow her back to her nest. She's well camouflaged but I do hope she gives it up soon.
Good thing you don't have coons. Some years ago one of our hens went missing for a couple of weeks. I saw her taking a dust bath and thought she was back but she wasn't in the coop that night. We found her a couple of days later at 3 AM when she was screaming her guts out. We ran outside and the coon headed up a tree, the hen had a nest in the bushes we didn't know about. She was set on hatching a clutch of infertile eggs. She was OK until I made a HUGE mistake. I put her in the 'coop' stall next to the Fort Knox coop stall so she wouldn't have a nest box to go broody in. She was headless the next morning, the coon had gotten into the barn (I THINK through a woodchuck tunnel) and over the top of the wall into the stall where there was a 4" gap.

they keep leaving me lots of feathers, along with heaps of fertiliser (I had no idea geese pooped so much)!
And now you know why they are not real popular on golf courses!

Thanks, Debby. My three favorites are her with Kendra sitting next to her, the one where she suddenly woke up and stuck her head out when we passed McDonalds (note the reflection in the car window), and the golden one in the tunnels. 🥰

ECB80C4C-2D6E-4661-924C-7A1FFAFF9C25.jpeg
Mom, Dad, stop for lunch!!!!

:frow Good morning Blooie, have a great day.

ETA: Definitely bring Ken back with you... It'll keep him on his toes, the Doc that is...
Not much! .2" but if you need rain it is better than nothing!

Good thing you don't have coons. Some years ago one of our hens went missing for a couple of weeks. I saw her taking a dust bath and thought she was back but she wasn't in the coop that night. We found her a couple of days later at 3 AM when she was screaming her guts out. We ran outside and the coon headed up a tree, the hen had a nest in the bushes we didn't know about. She was set on hatching a clutch of infertile eggs. She was OK until I made a HUGE mistake. I put her in the 'coop' stall next to the Fort Knox coop stall so she wouldn't have a nest box to go broody in. She was headless the next morning, the coon had gotten into the barn (I THINK through a woodchuck tunnel) and over the top of the wall into the stall where there was a 4" gap.

And now you know why they are not real popular on golf courses!

Mom, Dad, stop for lunch!!!!

We are lucky here, and we can't have stoats, weasels or ferrets (introduced pests) in our area or she would've been got by something. The worst I have seen is a rat so far (we still can't catch him) but DH did see a brushtailed possum (another introduced pest) crossing the road one morning. One of those could have a go as I think they will raid nests for eggs, but so far she's avoided attracting unwanted attention.

I explained to my hubby just awhile ago how smart raccoons are after reading many sad stories on here involving them. They look reasonably big in photos but they seem to be able to get through small gaps. Are they like cats in that regard?

I can very much understand why geese are not welcome where golfers like to tread!

@Blooie I agree with Bob, I'd definitely take Ken along next time as insurance that your dear doctor won't forget to inform you about anything else of importance.

All sign of showers have disappeared from the 10 day forecast - wishing I could swap some of our sunshine with everyone in return for some of your rain.

Back
Top Bottom