The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Whew, you guys have been a chatty bunch today. 🤣

It has finally stopped raining here but we had about 4 inches in the space of 24 hours. The nearest city had 2 inches fall in the space of an hour (some people had to be evacuated from their homes due to flooding) and all up they had 8 and a half inches in the space of 24 hours! :eek: They called it a 500 year event.

We collect our drinking water off the roof into tanks that hold not quite 16,000 gallons (60,000 litres). We have a dam for the stock water and have dug drains in a few places to channel the water to it that comes off the hill behind us. We do want to make the dam a bit bigger though (when we can afford it).

Happy anniversary! Sounds like you have a delicious meal planned for tonight.

You are most welcome here. Tell us how your weather is, how your birds are. I'm on the other side of the world so rarely here when the conversation is really going on.

:frow to you too - hope you're having a great day!
And Damm! that must be a very nice dam!

It will be once we get it dug out a little more so that there isn't an island of grass in the middle of it. 🤣 And it will be even nicer once we are able to clear out the big old trees that have fallen across the little waterfall that feeds into it.
Wait!!! leave the island of grass. use it as PAR 3 ( I golf) :D

Good evening all. @ronott1 Happy Anniversary! Today has been busy but we're finally getting in to the meat and potatoes in training at work. Thanks for the compliments on the backsplash; I think it might be too much stainless but I'm just keeping my mouth shut about it. We converted an old desk to a 2 story bunny hideout and doubled their pen space. Have a good night everyone.
20200717_163735_HDR.jpg
20200717_165306_HDR.jpg

Good evening all. @ronott1 Happy Anniversary! Today has been busy but we're finally getting in to the meat and potatoes in training at work. Thanks for the compliments on the backsplash; I think it might be too much stainless but I'm just keeping my mouth shut about it. We converted an old desk to a 2 story bunny hideout and doubled their pen space. Have a good night everyone.
View attachment 2248836View attachment 2248838
Your bunny looks like life is good.
I love stainless steel. So sleek and clean looking!

It will be once we get it dug out a little more so that there isn't an island of grass in the middle of it. 🤣 And it will be even nicer once we are able to clear out the big old trees that have fallen across the little waterfall that feeds into it.
It sounds like quite a bit of cleanup!

Back
Top Bottom