The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

i could never say i was picky sue, we ate what we could catch or daddy shot, to buy a piece of meat in the store was a real treat, and the water was a heck of a lot cleaner in those days

I was talking to an 'adopted' nephew just yesterday, and he commented on how since he had been raised on venison it took him a while to like any other meat.

I wonder if stress isn't part of it, things are in a bit of a "state" right now. He hasn't been himself since yesterday (along with diarrhea and some vomiting). It's times like this I wish animals could speak English. Or that I could speak cat.

We know that animals can sense things and act different, so that's what got me thinking about your move. Every time you take a load to Casper and not him, he might think your leaving him behind or something.

We know that animals can sense things and act different, so that's what got me thinking about your move. Every time you take a load to Casper and not him, he might think your leaving him behind or something.

Maybe you're right.

Yesterday I set the cat carriers up in the living room with the doors open to them. I want them to get used to the carriers since they'll be in them for a couple hours when I drive them up to Casper. Opie's been going in one of them to sleep.

Us too Sour! Maybe our parents were just glad to get us out of the house, but we were pretty much set free every day (other than school) and on our own. We could go almost anywhere our feet or bikes could carry us.

When it started to turn dark or the street lights came on, we had better be home. We could be gone all day as well, just be home when it was dark or have plans to be at a friends house already.

We grew up in a far different world. It was normal for us to get on our bikes, ride down to the river, set up and fish all night long.
yeah, i got many a switching for slipping off to the creek to go swimming or to the bayou, we liked the creek better tho, it was cleaner, when the tide came into the bayou , the water was kinda of dirty but never the creek. being a girl, momma always tried to keep track of me but being a tomboy it was hard, its a wonder i never got snake bit but in those days i had sharp eyes, still do when it comes to snakes

yeah, i got many a switching for slipping off to the creek to go swimming or to the bayou, we liked the creek better tho, it was cleaner, when the tide came into the bayou , the water was kinda of dirty but never the creek. being a girl, momma always tried to keep track of me but being a tomboy it was hard, its a wonder i never got snake bit but in those days i had sharp eyes, still do when it comes to snakes

The creek at the bottom of our street was the one place we weren't supposed to go. That just made it all the more fun :lol:

Maybe you're right.

Yesterday I set the cat carriers up in the living room with the doors open to them. I want them to get used to the carriers since they'll be in them for a couple hours when I drive them up to Casper. Opie's been going in one of them to sleep.

He's letting you know that he's going with you and he's ready, I hope anyway. Twiki, our cat we had forever-- had to be in a cage all the way to Germany. Bob says he wasn't a problem to get into the cage going, but I'm betting he wasn't in a hurry to get back into it coming back to the states. The cat we brought here, lived outside but I still fed her and that's why we brought her.

I was talking to an 'adopted' nephew just yesterday, and he commented on how since he had been raised on venison it took him a while to like any other meat.
i can understand that, we ate alot of venison , daddy was a heck of a shot, never knew him to miss if he got a shot at a animal, and my one brother could run like the wind, he ran across a sow and piglets one time, he came home with two of the piglets, he out ran the sow with them in his hands and just made it into the bed of the truck, he traded them for a domestic piglet that was larger
the only thing i could never like tho was one of daddys favorite, squirrel brains, thats a big yuck, if we killed squirrels, daddy got the brains.

Back
Top Bottom