The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

yes, already shelled they're 10.00 per lb which still isn't bad but i wanted something to do when i don't have anything else planned and when i get these done, if they still have them will go get another 20 lbs.
we met the gentleman who owns the place yesterday, very nice man, in his late eighties at least, big orchard he owns, next he will be digging peanuts, should go get some of those too but the only way i like peanuts is boiled and can't eat those like pecans, course our grey loves peanuts lol anyway, he runs a big operation

Shelling pecans isn't too bad. My mom & dad used to drive out in the country and bring home burlap bags of black walnuts. After drying the green covering, dad would drive the car over them to get to the shell then they used to have us kids pick those while we watched tv...those were hard nuts to pick.

Oh, that's disappointing, but at least you can get ducklings - are they being mailed to you?

It's such a gamble with shipped eggs.

My Mum knows a family who would love a cockatiel as a pet so I've said if I can successfully hatch and raise some they can have one as to buy a hand reared cockatiel is at least $150 and they don't have a lot of money, but they do sound like a lovely family. Our two inside cockatiel boys are just adorable and I actually love them a little more than I love our cats. Never thought I'd say that! Even our aviary birds are a joy to visit - they get so excited to see us.
I had a cockatiel many years ago, they are wonderful little birds. How nice of you to help the family out Jae :love

Shelling pecans isn't too bad. My mom & dad used to drive out in the country and bring home burlap bags of black walnuts. After drying the green covering, dad would drive the car over them to get to the shell then they used to have us kids pick those while we watched tv...those were hard nuts to pick.
yes, i know but so much better than the ones you buy in the store, i also love hickory nuts, just wish i could find somewhere that harvested them altho all of the nuts are hard on my hands with the arthritis but i refuse to let it stop me , and when i can't handle it anymore dr is waiting to give me something, already told him, i'm not quite ready yet for medication for it

Back
Top Bottom