The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good MOOrnin everyone! :)

Good luck @Grammy60 !! And drive safe @rjohns39 !

What a bummer but hey, now you got a reason to relax :D

It's going to be 74° today :yesss: and 20mph winds. DH has plans to over-do it today and I'm going to be his reminder to take it easy :p
He feels helpless in bed while I'm running around like a headless chicken ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hi Mad! I guess it's good he feels like doing stuff. But now you get to run after kids and a DH, yikes!

Hope your day goes well :D

Other than some bread for DH, I haven't baked anything in a while. Might have to take a look at some recipes and get some inspiration. And cleaning the house is always an option, but anything sounds better than that :lol:
Hahaha that sounds way better than house cleaning! Fresh bread :drool nothing tastes better than fresh bread and butter. Now, I'm hungry😂

Good morning DMC, are you back to work today?
Yes, and the toddlers are ornery today. Both employees that were out came back negative.
Other than some bread for DH, I haven't baked anything in a while. Might have to take a look at some recipes and get some inspiration. And cleaning the house is always an option, but anything sounds better than that :lol:
Totally agree!

Hi everyone. I'm terribly behind but here are some photos for you to enjoy. My babies are keeping me busy. I've brought 2 more in to hand rear and there are a couple of small babies in one nest that I'll bring inside in the next couple of days.

The oldest 2 are just gorgeous.
3.jpg
Jingle isn't scared of anything and loves a scritch.

5.jpg
Carol is turning into quite the bossy little madam but she's still cute and snuggly.

4.jpg
These are the two next oldest chicks who will be joining the older 2 in a big cage soon. They are both going to be stunning birds. The Lutino is on the right and with her pearl pattern she's got a lot of dark yellow on her. Once her feathers all open up properly she'll look a bit less scruffy and more photogenic.

And our little Trouble duckling did turn out to be a boy. So far he's sweet and respectful of us, whereas at the age he is (I think around 10-11 weeks old) the other drakes were attacking us. He moped when we put his mother back with the chicken flock (she was ready and kept crowing to her old flock). He's adopted the dog instead though and has kicked her out of her kennel. 🤣 Poor, soft dog.

Trouble.jpg

It's great having a duck around the house though. Between him and the spiders that live on the outside of the house we've had very few flies inside. I'm sure there are a lot less than last year and it's quite amazing watching him hunt them.

We are in for a few chilly days. Down south there's going to be snow on the hills and terrible winds. There are a couple of storms heading in from the southern ocean that are not summery ones! I just wish they were bringing some decent rain with them, but it's just chills and gales.

Hope everyone is happy and healthy. How's your arm doing Sue? Hopefully it's starting to heal. :hugs

Hi everyone. I'm terribly behind but here are some photos for you to enjoy. My babies are keeping me busy. I've brought 2 more in to hand rear and there are a couple of small babies in one nest that I'll bring inside in the next couple of days.

The oldest 2 are just gorgeous.
View attachment 2495025
Jingle isn't scared of anything and loves a scritch.

View attachment 2495027
Carol is turning into quite the bossy little madam but she's still cute and snuggly.

View attachment 2495026
These are the two next oldest chicks who will be joining the older 2 in a big cage soon. They are both going to be stunning birds. The Lutino is on the right and with her pearl pattern she's got a lot of dark yellow on her. Once her feathers all open up properly she'll look a bit less scruffy and more photogenic.

And our little Trouble duckling did turn out to be a boy. So far he's sweet and respectful of us, whereas at the age he is (I think around 10-11 weeks old) the other drakes were attacking us. He moped when we put his mother back with the chicken flock (she was ready and kept crowing to her old flock). He's adopted the dog instead though and has kicked her out of her kennel. 🤣 Poor, soft dog.

View attachment 2495038

It's great having a duck around the house though. Between him and the spiders that live on the outside of the house we've had very few flies inside. I'm sure there are a lot less than last year and it's quite amazing watching him hunt them.

We are in for a few chilly days. Down south there's going to be snow on the hills and terrible winds. There are a couple of storms heading in from the southern ocean that are not summery ones! I just wish they were bringing some decent rain with them, but it's just chills and gales.

Hope everyone is happy and healthy. How's your arm doing Sue? Hopefully it's starting to heal. :hugs

Love seeing your birds Jae!

Back
Top Bottom