The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

It was close to $10,000 to dig the new well, it would suck if we couldn’t use it. They started the new well in another spot but hit Granite and couldn’t break through...that alone was a couple thousand and they had to fill it back in again and dig this one. I do live in Bigstone County...it’s earned it’s name.
Yes they are:lol:

Wow, I figured it was a pricey thing to do but didn't know it was so much!

Hi Sue! We just got the kids down. I was hoping they were naughty today so it was easier to walk out the door...they are not disappointing me!!

We are using the well. I just buy water. It says it’s safe to shower in and wash clothes just not to drink or cook with. I talked to someone about a reverse osmosis system which will remove arsenic. He is the one that told me we probably had it in the old well. They are really close together. He also said something about the acceptable arsenic level had changed. We dug a new well as we had really poor water pressure and other issues. We definitely have better water pressure!
Today has been stressful. My teacher was crabby yesterday and today. The kids are too. I’m out of here in 3 hours:wee

It does make it easier to leave when everyone is acting rotten !!

I just read some news scrolling across the bottom of the TV screen saying an 8.1 earthquake occurred somewhere off the coast of New Zealand. Isn't that Jae's neck of the woods?

I'm OK!

We've had a series of earthquakes near NZ this morning. The birds woke me about 2.30am having a night fright but maybe they felt the earthquake (it was down near the bottom of the North Island at around that time, but was felt far and wide).

Then there have been some quite bad ones around the Kermadec Islands which have caused coastal surges so anyone near the coast in a low lying area has been told to get out and get to higher ground. Now it's a case of wait and see what's going to come in.

Small surges have been seen so far but apparently they can grow in size, and in one area the tide should've been coming in, but it was being sucked out.

Thankfully we are well inland and elevated.

I'm OK!

We've had a series of earthquakes near NZ this morning. The birds woke me about 2.30am having a night fright but maybe they felt the earthquake (it was down near the bottom of the North Island at around that time, but was felt far and wide).

Then there have been some quite bad ones around the Kermadec Islands which have caused coastal surges so anyone near the coast in a low lying area has been told to get out and get to higher ground. Now it's a case of wait and see what's going to come in.

Small surges have been seen so far but apparently they can grow in size, and in one area the tide should've been coming in, but it was being sucked out.

Thankfully we are well inland and elevated.
I’m glad your safe!!

Back
Top Bottom