The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Coffee is an important start to the day, that's for sure!

My boys still like to tease me about the time the power went out in about 90% of the town we lived in. And me desperately driving around trying to find someplace where I could get a cup. :lol:

How are things up your way DMC? Did you say you are getting snow flurries?
Cold and no sun until the weekend. The flurries have stopped for now. I saw my asparagus was popped out the other day. I’m sure that 2.25 inches of rain we had plus warm weather pushed it along.
What are you up to today? I mixed up a batch of cinnamon rolls. They are not rising very fast.

Cold and no sun until the weekend. The flurries have stopped for now. I saw my asparagus was popped out the other day. I’m sure that 2.25 inches of rain we had plus warm weather pushed it along.
What are you up to today? I mixed up a batch of cinnamon rolls. They are not rising very fast.

Fresh asparagus is so good! Whenever we can get some gardening started, I'd like to try growing it. I've read it takes about 3 years to establish, is that right?

I've just been taking care of house stuff this morning. Nothing near as exciting as cinnamon rolls :drool

Fresh asparagus is so good! Whenever we can get some gardening started, I'd like to try growing it. I've read it takes about 3 years to establish, is that right?

I've just been taking care of house stuff this morning. Nothing near as exciting as cinnamon rolls :drool
When you buy it get a 2 year root and let it grow and don’t pick it. The next spring you should be able to eat it. I don’t like Asparagus. I grow it for my son. I found a really good website when I planted them the second time. The first time we did not have good luck.

I have done next to nothing today. :thI need the sun to shine!

When you buy it get a 2 year root and let it grow and don’t pick it. The next spring you should be able to eat it. I don’t like Asparagus. I grow it for my son. I found a really good website when I planted them the second time. The first time we did not have good luck.

Thanks for the tip about the 2 year root, that would speed things up.

Hope you see the sun sometime today! We probably won't see much of that for the next few days:
Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 11.44.16 AM.png

Thanks for the tip about the 2 year root, that would speed things up.

Hope you see the sun sometime today! We probably won't see much of that for the next few days:
View attachment 2614444
I hope you don’t get that snow! I just looked out the window and it was flurrying and then the sun popped out for 30 seconds. It’s gone again.

Back
Top Bottom