The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

I hope Debby don't mind but there is one more thing I would like to share with you all . You know those beautiful Impatiens, they are a touch me not . Those little Jewelweed flowers that grow on tall stems in swampy areas are basically the same thing . If you are weeding your flowers and happen to pull poison ivy . Just squeeze the juice from that jewelweed on your hands and rub the in then go rinse . No more poison ivy . The Jewelweed is a strong surfactant or soap. that cuts poison ivy oil like water off a ducks back . You see the jewelweed grows along side poison ivy . Hence the cure is along side the poison . I learned this from Native Americans :yesss:
I didn't learn this until we moved to Tennessee and I very allergic to poison ivy

I did want to say one more thing the mums are deer proof . They contain Pyrethrum . You can make insecticide by grinding the stems and extracting the juice .
Interesting, thanks! I’ve never had a problem with deer eating my stuff. I will tell my friend though as she has that problem.
I hope Debby don't mind but there is one more thing I would like to share with you all . You know those beautiful Impatiens, they are a touch me not . Those little Jewelweed flowers that grow on tall stems in swampy areas are basically the same thing . If you are weeding your flowers and happen to pull poison ivy . Just squeeze the juice from that jewelweed on your hands and rub the in then go rinse . No more poison ivy . The Jewelweed is a strong surfactant or soap. that cuts poison ivy oil like water off a ducks back . You see the jewelweed grows along side poison ivy . Hence the cure is along side the poison . I learned this from Native Americans :yesss:
Very cool!

Back
Top Bottom