The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good morning folks :frow

Kelsey, I'm so sorry :hugs:hugs Sometimes people make a choice and all we can do is honor their choice. It was a Friday evening in the spring of 2001, I had just got home from work when the phone rang. It was Mom and Dad. Dad was back in the hospital, when he was admitted they offered life support and he accepted, which negated his living will. He wanted to be taken off life support, Mom couldn't bring herself to sign the order, so she abdicated her role and the medical power of attorney fell to me. They wanted me to fax the order to the hospital. I told him that I wasn't going to do this long distance, but I would take the Sunday train and be there Monday morning. If he could look me in the eye and tell me that's what he wants, I would sign the order. I was spared, he passed on Saturday afternoon. I take comfort in knowing that he was done, but it took a long time to get over the pain of him being gone.

:frow Good morning Debby, have a great day

Morning Bob, you're spot on about it taking a long time to get used to a loved one being gone. And sometimes when you think you're over it, it hits you all over again. Sorry for the loss of your dad.

Good morning IM, are you back in the salt mines today?
Good morning NFC. Yes’m, back yesterday. My job is mind numbing boring so a couple of the other girls are playing a game with me. It’s a race to the finish and the loser has to buy coffee for the other two this weekend. Gotta create some interest somehow lol.

What are you doing today? Are you taking some classes? Art or something?

Good morning NFC. Yes’m, back yesterday. My job is mind numbing boring so a couple of the other girls are playing a game with me. It’s a race to the finish and the loser has to buy coffee for the other two this weekend. Gotta create some interest somehow lol.

What are you doing today? Are you taking some classes? Art or something?

The coffee game sounds fun, hope you win! Coffee is good and free coffee is even better.

The art classes are done for now. New classes will be offered later this year so I'll see what I can find then. In the meantime, the cats & chickens & DH & garden plants are keeping me busy. Actually, I think the cold got to both my tomato plants and at least one pepper plant so those will need to be replaced (once it decides to be summer). And I have some mini bell pepper seeds to start.

There, aren't you glad you asked? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom