The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good morning folks :frow

Kelsey, I'm so sorry :hugs:hugs Sometimes people make a choice and all we can do is honor their choice. It was a Friday evening in the spring of 2001, I had just got home from work when the phone rang. It was Mom and Dad. Dad was back in the hospital, when he was admitted they offered life support and he accepted, which negated his living will. He wanted to be taken off life support, Mom couldn't bring herself to sign the order, so she abdicated her role and the medical power of attorney fell to me. They wanted me to fax the order to the hospital. I told him that I wasn't going to do this long distance, but I would take the Sunday train and be there Monday morning. If he could look me in the eye and tell me that's what he wants, I would sign the order. I was spared, he passed on Saturday afternoon. I take comfort in knowing that he was done, but it took a long time to get over the pain of him being gone.

:frow Good morning Debby, have a great day
Thanks so much Bob! I’m sorry about your dad. :hugs
Morning Bob, you're spot on about it taking a long time to get used to a loved one being gone. And sometimes when you think you're over it, it hits you all over again. Sorry for the loss of your dad.
Yup, that’s exactly it so far for me too. I know it’s only been two weeks but at first I cried a bunch and then I was really numb/not really feeling anything and thought there was something wrong with me or something. :oops: or that I was “over it.” And then one little thing made me think of her and I was right back to feeling again.

And even at the store one day they had those little carpet square stair tread things that for some reason upset me, I guess cause she had always wanted to put carpet on the stairs and it said in giant letters prevents falls accidents and injuries so 😬🙈

And then they also had shoes that looked like just her style that she would have loved.

I got what I needed and got out of that store fast. :lau

But the dumbest, tiniest little things upset me lately.
Good morning, All.

Kelsey, words fail me. :hugs
Sad to here Dawg .😞
Thank you both!

but yet he’s been a rock.
On the outside. Give him :hugs because he needs them.

We got a frost last night. We’ve covered everything for the last week. My tomatoes need major sunshine and heat if they survived last night.
I can't believe you plant tomatoes this early! I won't put them in until June 1 and even then can be taking a chance. Same with peppers.

And then one little thing made me think of her and I was right back to feeling again.
Yep and those little things sneak up on you. :hugs

On the outside. Give him :hugs because he needs them.

I can't believe you plant tomatoes this early! I won't put them in until June 1 and even then can be taking a chance. Same with peppers.

Yep and those little things sneak up on you. :hugs
That’s a good point!! Will do!

And yeah they definitely do!! Thanks!

Good morning everyone :frow Have a great day 😊

Good morning DMC! How did your day with the little red headed girl go?

It’s 36 right now. We’ll see how they did in the night as I did not cover them.
You are still a bit on the chilly side!

We're warming up some now so if things still look ok in about a week, I'm going to get more plants. I don't want to wait too long or everything will be sold out.

Back
Top Bottom