The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

when a heat wave is predicted, people in urban areas should prepare better by downsizing their electric usage BEFORE it becomes a problem, and brown-outs occur.
The big problem is the way the energy market works here. There is not much energy storage-- I did see some at a hydro electric plant once using big capacitors but most of the hydro electric dams are being removed now.

When energy usage gets to the point that there is no more capacity, then you get an outage. It is very hard to not use energy when it is 110F or hotter outside.

One trick that works is to cool your house as much as possible in the morning and then get through the hot time using less electricity at the peak.

The big problem is the way the energy market works here. There is not much energy storage-- I did see some at a hydro electric plant once using big capacitors but most of the hydro electric dams are being removed now.

When energy usage gets to the point that there is no more capacity, then you get an outage. It is very hard to not use energy when it is 110F or hotter outside.

One trick that works is to cool your house as much as possible in the morning and then get through the hot time using less electricity at the peak.
Good tip . You know Ron I don't know what's worse the heat or the way we make electricity . All that nuclear waste . If they just used fusion instead of fission there would be no waste .

I did see some at a hydro electric plant once using big capacitors but most of the hydro electric dams are being removed now.
Seems like if the state (and country) want to go with more electric, removing electricity producing dams isn't the right path.

If they just used fusion instead of fission there would be no waste .
Has anyone come up with a viable fusion reactor yet?

Hi all. It's been a while. Still having sad days, but the children have been so wonderful. Thankful for the his, mine, and ours! They have surrounded me with love and help. Thankful for them. I'm not alone, thank the Heavens. Our son and wife..and cute little two year old is living here. I think I shared that a while back. I'm going to go back a bit and check posts..two pages I think. 😊

Anyone else out west with me, in this awful drought?? It's getting scary.
I think it’s scary everywhere. We are dry in a lot of Minnesota. We got a 1/2” of rain yesterday morning. Our crops are starting to hurt.
Hi all. It's been a while. Still having sad days, but the children have been so wonderful. Thankful for the his, mine, and ours! They have surrounded me with love and help. Thankful for them. I'm not alone, thank the Heavens. Our son and wife..and cute little two year old is living here. I think I shared that a while back. I'm going to go back a bit and check posts..two pages I think. 😊
:hugs

Back
Top Bottom