The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good morning Debby, Sue, and everyone.
My (30 yo) baby, his wife, and 3 granddogs, are visiting from Austin today. It is the last I'll see them for a few months. They will be moving to the Boulder area of Colorado next week. I'm a little sad, but I am excited for them since they want to make the move.
Debby, I love your new avatar. Have a great weekend y'all!
Enjoy your family time!

Good morning Janie :frow

It's nice you can visit today with your son & his family. It can be hard when loved ones are far away. I haven't been to Boulder for several years (my parents lived in Denver forever), but Boulder was a nice place to visit...you'll have to get up there and check things out.
I'm going to have to start downsizing my flock. I can't travel until I do. I'm up to 44 again now, but I have 4 young pullets that are going to a little boy who just got his first coop this week.
The flock has grown so much, that I'm getting overwhelmed. My husband can't help any longer and the guy who used to chicken sit for me isn't around any more.
It is so hard to decide who goes and who stays. I always worry about separating flock members from each other. It sounds silly, but most of them were hatched here. I guess I'm a little too empathetic.
My son is already trying to convince me that we'd be happier in Boulder. Lol. I was born here in east TX, but lived in the Cumberland mountains of Tennessee for almost 15 years. I only came home when my parents' health began declining. Now I've been back here for 15 years.
I do love the mountains.

I get some family time with my son in September :D He couldn't come last year with everything locked down so it's been 2 years between visits. Can hardly wait!
I can't imagine how hard it has been to be apart that long!
At least with cell phones and video chats, it is a little easier nowadays.
My mother was beside herself when I moved her grandbabies away. Long distance phone calls were budgeted for each Saturday. We vacationed together twice a year, every year. She always enjoyed the trips, but I have a new appreciation for her suffering now. Lol.

I'm going to have to start downsizing my flock. I can't travel until I do. I'm up to 44 again now, but I have 4 young pullets that are going to a little boy who just got his first coop this week.
The flock has grown so much, that I'm getting overwhelmed. My husband can't help any longer and the guy who used to chicken sit for me isn't around any more.
It is so hard to decide who goes and who stays. I always worry about separating flock members from each other. It sounds silly, but most of them were hatched here. I guess I'm a little too empathetic.
My son is already trying to convince me that we'd be happier in Boulder. Lol. I was born here in east TX, but lived in the Cumberland mountains of Tennessee for almost 15 years. I only came home when my parents' health began declining. Now I've been back here for 15 years.
I do love the mountains.

It is hard to get away when you have animals. Chicken sitters are few and far between (at least good ones). That's awesome you're helping a little guy get started with his first flock!

44 is a big flock, I've never gone over 19 and that was a handful. But it's easy to get attached and it would be hard to decide who goes and who stays.

My family was always crazy about the mountains but I'm an ocean/beach lover. Figures that once I moved to Florida, I'd end up married to a guy that gets a job in the Wyoming mountains. :gig

It is hard to get away when you have animals. Chicken sitters are few and far between (at least good ones). That's awesome you're helping a little guy get started with his first flock!

44 is a big flock, I've never gone over 19 and that was a handful. But it's easy to get attached and it would be hard to decide who goes and who stays.

My family was always crazy about the mountains but I'm an ocean/beach lover. Figures that once I moved to Florida, I'd end up married to a guy that gets a job in the Wyoming mountains. :gig
My fair skin wasn't beach friendly. 🤣 I've always been a creek- in -the woods girl, and then transitioned to a creek -in- the -wooded mountains girl. I felt very at home in Tennessee. I have close friends there still, but haven't been back in almost 5 years now. I had planned to visit in 2020 but it just didn't work out. 🙄
I've never visited Wyoming except in novels. I'm a big fan of C.J. Box, and his Joe Pickett series. I personally think you lucked out with that move!

Back
Top Bottom