The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

That's a hard job Kelsey, I feel for you.

In 2018 DH and I had to get my mom out of her 4 bed/3 bath big house and moved into a little condo. Mom and Dad had lived in the big house for 42 years...that was a ton of stuff to make decisions on and sort out.
Yeah, my dad keeps saying he “doesn’t want anything” and wants to start fresh or whatever but then he sees something or doesn’t know what’s there and wants it haha then of course I have tons of my own stuff. Almost most of it and it’s so hard deciding what to keep or whatever cause I want it 🤣🙈

Our visibility is usually about 10 miles
Only 10? Heck even in smoggy So. Cal you can see Catalina Island 26 miles west. Well most days.

Also trying to pack the house up to sell but I haven’t been working on it very much
How come Dad is selling the house? Where are you going to live?
Maybe you need to rent a storage unit for the "must keeps" .. until you decide you don't need them ;)

I am watching a server do disk maintenance.
Oh, I've done that. Talk about a fun job, akin to watching grass grow in a drought.

Only 10? Heck even in smoggy So. Cal you can see Catalina Island 26 miles west. Well most days.

Maybe you need to rent a storage unit for the "must keeps" .. until you decide you don't need them ;)

Oh, I've done that. Talk about a fun job, akin to watching grass grow in a drought.
We are going to move into my grandma’s old house a couple miles down my road. My brother’s been there but we’re moving there. He says the other one is too big and also it’s too expensive and he can’t keep both. He wanted to keep this one instead because he likes the property but everyone told him how dumb it was to sell waterfront and how none of them would want this one lol so they wouldn’t let him but yeah. And yeah, he’s renting one for like a year I think. But everyone’s telling me to just get rid of everything

Good morning
:frow Good afternoon Riss, have a great day
It never fails! We need rain but will not get rain until late Fall.

I clean dirty eggs but I bet the Dog loved them!
:frow Good afternoon Ron, have a great day
A belated good morning to the lot of you.
:frow Good afternoon Sour, have a great day

:frow Good afternoon Bruce, have a great day

Morning Jae :frow

Sounds like you need some sunshine now that you've had all that rain. When are your lambs and calves due? Hope you'll share some pictures of them when they get here.

Good luck with the hatch!
Of course I'll be sharing photos. I'm so excited!

Our heifers are due to calf approximately between 11-18 September, but I'm not sure about our ewes as they are young still and Rufus obviously likes his privacy as we never saw any action. One has started to develop an udder so according to the Internet she should have her lamb in about a month. After this round they will always cycle in March and lamb around August.

It never fails! We need rain but will not get rain until late Fall.

I clean dirty eggs but I bet the Dog loved them!
Where does all your water come from? Here we do rely on the rain a lot and there were water shortages last summer in some areas due to it being so dry.

I haven't been doing much baking lately so I have too many eggs anyway. She's a good dog. An utterly useless farm dog but she'd never hurt a fly so fantastic with all of our other animals.

We are going to move into my grandma’s old house a couple miles down my road. My brother’s been there but we’re moving there. He says the other one is too big and also it’s too expensive and he can’t keep both. He wanted to keep this one instead because he likes the property but everyone told him how dumb it was to sell waterfront and how none of them would want this one lol so they wouldn’t let him but yeah. And yeah, he’s renting one for like a year I think. But everyone’s telling me to just get rid of everything
It's so hard packing up a house. You don't realise how much stuff you have until you have to pack it all up. Doing a bit here and a bit there definitely helps rather than feeling completely overwhelmed by trying to do it all in a hurry.

Of course I'll be sharing photos. I'm so excited!

Our heifers are due to calf approximately between 11-18 September, but I'm not sure about our ewes as they are young still and Rufus obviously likes his privacy as we never saw any action. One has started to develop an udder so according to the Internet she should have her lamb in about a month. After this round they will always cycle in March and lamb around August.

Where does all your water come from? Here we do rely on the rain a lot and there were water shortages last summer in some areas due to it being so dry.

I haven't been doing much baking lately so I have too many eggs anyway. She's a good dog. An utterly useless farm dog but she'd never hurt a fly so fantastic with all of our other animals.

It's so hard packing up a house. You don't realise how much stuff you have until you have to pack it all up. Doing a bit here and a bit there definitely helps rather than feeling completely overwhelmed by trying to do it all in a hurry.
Yeah it’s so true! We have so much stuff hahah and yeah, I’ve done a little bit but not enough and I need to start getting serious about it because it’s only like a month away now.

Ideally, water is stored in the winter in storage lakes up North. The Snow pack in the Sierra Nevada mountains provides water from snow melt....When there is enough snow in the winter to make a good snow pack!

Sadly these two things have not been in abundance for the past two years. The estimated runoff from the Sierras was much smaller than normal because the parched ground absorbed most of it. There was not enough rain to fill Lake Shasta so it is nearly empty too. The other lakes are in a similar situation.

In Woodland, water is coming from wells. That is not good since well water is of very poor quality here because of the over pumping and agricultural waste, motley nitrates in it. It also makes the land sink.

This is in the Central valley but we are sinking here too:

1627425068740.png

Ideally, water is stored in the winter in storage lakes up North. The Snow pack in the Sierra Nevada mountains provides water from snow melt....When there is enough snow in the winter to make a good snow pack!

Sadly these two things have not been in abundance for the past two years. The estimated runoff from the Sierras was much smaller than normal because the parched ground absorbed most of it. There was not enough rain to fill Lake Shasta so it is nearly empty too. The other lakes are in a similar situation.

In Woodland, water is coming from wells. That is not good since well water is of very poor quality here because of the over pumping and agricultural waste, motley nitrates in it. It also makes the land sink.

This is in the Central valley but we are sinking here too:

View attachment 2775716
Wow - those photos are crazy!

The rains seems to be falling in abundance in all the wrong places and causing flooding, and neglecting areas where it's much needed. I sure hope you have a wetter winter ahead and that the Sierra Nevada Mountains get some good snow fall.

He wanted to keep this one instead because he likes the property but everyone told him how dumb it was to sell waterfront
It might be "underwaterfront" in a few years ;)

So WHY can't he keep both? I ASSUME there is no mortgage on Grandma's house. Should be able to rent waterfront property for big bucks, no? If he doesn't want to deal with it he can pay a property manager and have nothing to do with it at all.

Back
Top Bottom