The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Wow. Very lucky they did not pass out! If I'm not mistaken, sugar (in large amounts) can contribute to dehydration but the electrolytes in Gatorade help your body's function.
The heat is no joke! Even when you try to stay cool.
They are lucky. I know my son did not have sugar. He’s just in constant heat, no shade, and lately no breeze at all.
Back in my nursing days, I did the edu for some of the local prisons on heat strokes. I don't know how they keep inmates alive in those prisons with no air-conditioning and those tiny windows. Or the guards, for that matter. I guess people adapt.

The best thing to do when someone overheats to the point of feeling faint is to hydrate, and to pack cool, wet towels under their arms and around their neck.
If they are experiencing nausea and cramps and have a fever, then they need immediate medical treatment.
The Gatorade helps because of the added sodium and potassium. They have dehydrated and lost potassium (and other minerals) from their cells. They become nauseous and have stomach cramps, as well as a headache. The muscles need that potassium in order to work, so the next thing to happen would be severe muscle cramps. That's when it becomes very dangerous, because your heart is a muscle too. Heat stroke is nothing to take lightly. Once you hit the naseous stage it advances quickly.

Haha...sorry for the preachy tone, I just want everyone to stay safe. I had a "heat event" several years ago and had to make a few life changes. This was after I began doing the edu speeches. I knew better.🙄

My husband won't stay out of the heat either. He stopped wearing his sunscreen too...says it gets in his eyes when he sweats. I told him to "use the sunscreen, you need it. It's the reason people think your married to a younger woman."🤣
Thanks for the info. I will forward it to my son.
Is anyone here a book lover like me? Someone mentioned this site in a post a few days ago and it's awesome!
bookoutlet.com
They have all sorts of categories...history, novels, nature, cooking, crafts, etc. The books "are marked down because most of them are marked with a small line or dot on the edge by publishers who sell us their returns and excess inventory’s. The books we sell are new, unread, and in good condition." Their inventory is constantly changing and the prices are very, very reasonable.
I like to read but not collect. I’ll tell my sister about it.

DMC, I made some cute cookies and Bob said you have the perfect frosting. Could you post it here for me or the link.They aren't great, but they are so cute.

2021-07-27_20-27-13_688.jpg

DMC, I made some cute cookies and Bob said you have the perfect frosting. Could you post it here for me or the link.They aren't great, but they are so cute.

View attachment 2777155
You don’t like the taste that they aren’t good?They are cute! 1 cup powdered sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 1/4 teaspoon salt and enough milk or half and half to make it the consistency you want.

It might be "underwaterfront" in a few years ;)

So WHY can't he keep both? I ASSUME there is no mortgage on Grandma's house. Should be able to rent waterfront property for big bucks, no? If he doesn't want to deal with it he can pay a property manager and have nothing to do with it at all.
I believe there is one cause he bought my uncles share of it after my grandma died like 5-6 years ago so I think there’s one plus this one and also the taxes are really high here too I think. But it’s not just that, he also thinks this one is too big and too much work for just him and land and wants the first floor living thing (even though it does have a basement hah it would only be for laundry though and me). I’m not really sure of his exact reasoning though hahah

I had thought though that we were going to rent it out for a bit but idk what happened to that plan. He never really talks to me about stuff. Talks to my brother tons. And/or thinks he told me stuff that he didn’t haha I’m kinda outta the loop but I don’t really want to be in anyway 🤣

Back
Top Bottom