The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

I asked him and he said he doesn’t want to deal with renters or if something happens, we wouldn’t be able to evict them, and even something like air b n b we’d still have to screen them and also clean the place, etc. which I had forgotten about hahah and he says he doesn’t have time for so yeah.

I keep telling him he isn't as young as he used to be, he loves that :lol:
I guess you have to be direct. Tell him he is OLD and needs to take care of himself or you'll end up putting him in a nasty home after a bit ;)

Haha...sorry for the preachy tone, I just want everyone to stay safe.
In this case sharing IS caring. Unlike when people share their horrendous weather.

I have so many books, I could be a lending library
Same here. We got some cheap 6' bookcases when DW's aunt moved to assisted living a few months ago. She STILL has a bunch of boxes full. Prior house had 7' tall bookcases along the stairs. Already had a bunch of lower stand alone bookcases full.

I have NO idea where we are supposed to put the FULL SET of National Geos that are in MIL's basement when she heads to assisted living whenever that is. She's still fine at 88 but then so was FIL until last summer. Now he has Parkinson's and can barely get from chair to wheelchair in assisted living. He is 96.

Books are my second favourite thing (after animals of course).
:eek:
Don't tell DH and the kids!!!!

Off to get the vaccine this morning. I'm sure that I still have antibodies, but my youngest has finally talked me into it.
:wee
WAY too many people getting sick from Delta. So unnecessary and likely to force more mandates to keep it from spreading. People will get POed over that but their reluctance to get vaccinated will be the cause.

Yeah exactly! I don’t want to stress about it hahah I’m already stressed enough from how he wasn’t gonna sell it then suddenly was lol and having to pack all my stuff
Moving IS VERY STRESSFUL! Keep centering yourself. Om, om, om

I asked him and he said he doesn’t want to deal with renters or if something happens, we wouldn’t be able to evict them, and even something like air b n b we’d still have to screen them and also clean the place, etc. which I had forgotten about hahah and he says he doesn’t have time for so yeah.
No way I would do an air b&b. You can get insurance to cover any problems on a rental and if you have a management company they have to deal with problem tenants. I'm sure they have insurance as well.

Of course there is the issue of taxes. He doesn't want to sell grandma's house since it isn't a primary residence. Unlike really rich people who manage to pay almost no taxes he'd pay big on that sale. He can sell the current house with no federal tax bite since it has been his primary for at least 3 of the last 5 years. If he DOES move into Grandma's house and keep the current house, sell it in 2 years. If he's going to sell Grandma's house, move into it for 3 years first.

Yes I DO know about that! We sold our old house after renting it out for a few years. Sent a huge amount of money to Uncle Sam and the state.

Good morning everyone! Trying to get use to waking up earlier :caf
Back in my nursing days, I did the edu for some of the local prisons on heat strokes. I don't know how they keep inmates alive in those prisons with no air-conditioning and those tiny windows. Or the guards, for that matter. I guess people adapt.

The best thing to do when someone overheats to the point of feeling faint is to hydrate, and to pack cool, wet towels under their arms and around their neck.
If they are experiencing nausea and cramps and have a fever, then they need immediate medical treatment.
The Gatorade helps because of the added sodium and potassium. They have dehydrated and lost potassium (and other minerals) from their cells. They become nauseous and have stomach cramps, as well as a headache. The muscles need that potassium in order to work, so the next thing to happen would be severe muscle cramps. That's when it becomes very dangerous, because your heart is a muscle too. Heat stroke is nothing to take lightly. Once you hit the naseous stage it advances quickly.

Haha...sorry for the preachy tone, I just want everyone to stay safe. I had a "heat event" several years ago and had to make a few life changes. This was after I began doing the edu speeches. I knew better.🙄

My husband won't stay out of the heat either. He stopped wearing his sunscreen too...says it gets in his eyes when he sweats. I told him to "use the sunscreen, you need it. It's the reason people think your married to a younger woman."🤣
Very interesting! I'm going to save that information and pass it along.
:lau "it's the reason people think your married to a younger woman" :gig that's hilarious!
So I'm guessing your kids are readers Mad? My son is big on reading and that all started when he was just a little guy.
They like when I read. Trying to get them to read independently is another story, and they're actually good readers! I struggled reading until high school so, I really pushed them this passed year, and I am proud of their skills. But... with my younger two, you'll hear lots of "this is so hard", "I forgot how to read", "this is boring", or my favorite from the youngest.."this overwhelms me, i might pass out" :lau kids are funny.
DMC, I made some cute cookies and Bob said you have the perfect frosting. Could you post it here for me or the link.They aren't great, but they are so cute.

View attachment 2777155
Yum!!! They look cute :)
I had thought though that we were going to rent it out for a bit but idk what happened to that plan. He never really talks to me about stuff. Talks to my brother tons. And/or thinks he told me stuff that he didn’t haha I’m kinda outta the loop but I don’t really want to be in anyway 🤣
Ugh, I hate being left out of the loop. DH use to be so stressed trying to "figure it out" that he didnt tell me anything until the last minute. Drove me nuts but he's improved so I cant complain anymore :p
Good morning everyone.
Off to get the vaccine this morning. I'm sure that I still have antibodies, but my youngest has finally talked me into it. I'm hoping it doesn't make me ill, but just in case I'll stock the animals with food and water. And make sure that my DH & his mom have groceries.
Wish me luck.
Good luck! Hope all goes smoothly with no issues :)
Yeah exactly! I don’t want to stress about it hahah I’m already stressed enough from how he wasn’t gonna sell it then suddenly was lol and having to pack all my stuff
And even hiring someone, he’s still liable plus then that cuts into our money hahah
It's a pain just to rent out and not every tenant treats the homes as you would (or should). I've helped clean out a rental for a friend of mine. It was in such bad shape, it's hard to imagine how people live. sometimes that alone can cost a fortune especially if they break something 🙄

:lau "it's the reason people think your married to a younger woman" :gig that's hilarious!

They like when I read. Trying to get them to read independently is another story, and they're actually good readers! I struggled reading until high school so, I really pushed them this passed year, and I am proud of their skills. But... with my younger two, you'll hear lots of "this is so hard", "I forgot how to read", "this is boring", or my favorite from the youngest.."this overwhelms me, i might pass out" :lau kids are funny.

Ugh, I hate being left out of the loop. DH use to be so stressed trying to "figure it out" that he didnt tell me anything until the last minute. Drove me nuts but he's improved so I cant complain anymore :p

It's a pain just to rent out and not every tenant treats the homes as you would (or should). I've helped clean out a rental for a friend of mine. It was in such bad shape, it's hard to imagine how people live. sometimes that alone can cost a fortune especially if they break something 🙄

Good Moo-rning Mad 🐮

Love that comment about being overwhelmed and maybe passing out :lol: Hope you have a terrific day!

I guess you have to be direct. Tell him he is OLD and needs to take care of himself or you'll end up putting him in a nasty home after a bit ;)

In this case sharing IS caring. Unlike when people share their horrendous weather.

Same here. We got some cheap 6' bookcases when DW's aunt moved to assisted living a few months ago. She STILL has a bunch of boxes full. Prior house had 7' tall bookcases along the stairs. Already had a bunch of lower stand alone bookcases full.

I have NO idea where we are supposed to put the FULL SET of National Geos that are in MIL's basement when she heads to assisted living whenever that is. She's still fine at 88 but then so was FIL until last summer. Now he has Parkinson's and can barely get from chair to wheelchair in assisted living. He is 96.

WAY too many people getting sick from Delta. So unnecessary and likely to force more mandates to keep it from spreading. People will get POed over that but their reluctance to get vaccinated will be the cause.

No way I would do an air b&b. You can get insurance to cover any problems on a rental and if you have a management company they have to deal with problem tenants. I'm sure they have insurance as well.

Of course there is the issue of taxes. He doesn't want to sell grandma's house since it isn't a primary residence. Unlike really rich people who manage to pay almost no taxes he'd pay big on that sale. He can sell the current house with no federal tax bite since it has been his primary for at least 3 of the last 5 years. If he DOES move into Grandma's house and keep the current house, sell it in 2 years. If he's going to sell Grandma's house, move into it for 3 years first.

Yes I DO know about that! We sold our old house after renting it out for a few years. Sent a huge amount of money to Uncle Sam and the state.
I never would have thought of that! That’s good to know!! Thanks

@TheDawg hope things go well with getting the house sorted out. I agree with your dad, renting would be a pain.
Thanks!! And yeah, I’ve heard horror stories from a friend of mine and it makes you wonder about some people hahah

And I hate being left out of the loop too and do get annoyed but now I’m like I have enough to worry about lol

Good morning everyone , have a great day .
:frow Good morning Mark, have a great day
:frow Good morning Kelsey, have a great day... I won't tell you my renter horror story, just know it was crazy and I ended up selling the house at auction.

:frow Good morning Bruce, have a great day

:frow Good morning Mad, have a great day

Back
Top Bottom