The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Hi DMC . :frow I have been looking at a lot of posts today and I see some bad Juju in the air I don't mean hear, in this post , but a lot of opinions flying high today . When I think of this song . ( Bad moon rising ) . By John Fogerty I am Logging off for a wile . Have a great day .šŸŒ¹
You also Mark! I usually donā€™t wander past this thread much.
Hope everyone is enjoying the last day of July. Its August here already (which is crazy).

6 weeks until our calves should start to be born though. :ya
I hate to wish summer away but I am ready for fall! I love baby calves, especially the longer haired ones.

Are you going to make jam? or apple butter?
I think jelly or applesauce and maybe apple juice. We still have enough apple butter.

I was wondering if I could adopt that one in the middle ? It's a rooster and I know you don't need another one . I can tell by the color of the frosting . :drool:ya
Too funny šŸ˜, I stink at frosting cookies.

Hi ,Riss , janie , Sue , Bob , Ron , DMC , Sour , IM , Good afternoon folks .
Good afternoon :frow

Hi DMC . :frow I have been looking at a lot of posts today and I see some bad Juju in the air I don't mean hear, in this post , but a lot of opinions flying high today . When I think of this song . ( Bad moon rising ) . By John Fogerty I am Logging off for a wile . Have a great day .šŸŒ¹

Sorry Mark, some days are just like that. :hugs

Spring can't be too far off here. Mr Pheasant was calling this morning as were the Peacocks who live down the road. Our Swallow pair are also back, inspecting their old nest.

And when I finally opened the curtains this morning there was a heifer looking back at me. šŸ¤£ Judging by where the hoof prints in the mud start we think she was sitting down too close to the electric tape (which wasn't hooked up to the battery) so when she got up she managed to go underneath it, so who knows how long she'd been out. As soon as she saw me with hay she was racing to catch up with me and she was easy to get back into her paddock. Maisy will do anything for food which is why I'm hoping she'll let me milk her.

Our son is quite lively and the other heifers find him a bit much, but Maisy couldn't care less no matter how much noise he's making, or how much he's flinging his arms around. She's incredibly tolerant, which is a good thing seeing as he want to learn to milk a cow too!

I also suspect I have bantam pullets laying in one of the very old trees, but it's about 8 feet up and on a steep bank so there's no way I can get up there to see. They absolutely love the trees and often climb as high as they can, but I don't really want them attracting possums.

Back
Top Bottom